i currently have standard grover rotomatics on my epiphone g-400, but hate how they do not stay in tune properly even though i've attempted to stretch them in and they've been on for a month, so i'm looking at getting some locking tuners as they appear to do a better job, as for deciding i do not have a clue about them, i had been looking at grover rotogrips and schaller m6's, as for sperzel they look nice but at the same time look complicated to install. for what i want, i'm looking for a decent set that will not go out of tune easily, as for the locking mechanism either a top locking mechanism or a bottom one is fine, preferably a bottom one, so any suggestions for what to look at, as for budget i would be looking at under €80.
sorry if this is the wrong forum, i don't know wether it belongs here or in the guitar customisation forum.
i have these http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_solid_peghead_tuners/Sperzel_Tuners.html on 2 of my guitars.

the installation is as simple as drilling a hole for the guide pin to go into, then tightening the nut on the front side of the headstock. They work pretty good, i have little to complain about them (though the threading can strip pretty easy, so pay attention to how much you tighten/loosen them)

These look sweet, but i've never had experience with them. http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_solid_peghead_tuners/Steinberger_Gearless_Tuners.html but they do look like they're even easier to install...
Pedal Board(s)

GAS list:
- Fender Jazzmaster
- Supa Trem
- 2x12 cab
- Mesa Lone Star
- ondes martenot
Quote by theGlitch
i have these http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_solid_peghead_tuners/Sperzel_Tuners.html on 2 of my guitars.

the installation is as simple as drilling a hole for the guide pin to go into, then tightening the nut on the front side of the headstock. They work pretty good, i have little to complain about them (though the threading can strip pretty easy, so pay attention to how much you tighten/loosen them)

These look sweet, but i've never had experience with them. http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_solid_peghead_tuners/Steinberger_Gearless_Tuners.html but they do look like they're even easier to install...

thanks for the info on the sperzels
sperzels are on all my guitars now, they work great and are easy to install.
the 12:1 ratio is great, one turn and your in drop d, the gears have very tight tolorences and they are very high quality,i definately recommend them.
just so you know sperzels are also available in no-drill/ez mount now wich requires no drilling of any kind:sperzel no-drill/ez mount
also sperzel has changed the knurl pattern on the locking wheels and they are now more grippy and compareable to grover and planet waves
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
^ that, I use nothing but Sperzels.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
I tend to prefer a higher ratio for more precision. I recommend Schaller.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by britishsligean
in regards to the gearing ratio what would be a good ratio for more precise tunning

the gear ratio is irrelvant , sperzel has 12:1 but the gear tolorences are tighter then other manufacturers thus they are still very accurate and stable.
basically you just have to turn it more to tune with the higher gear ratio tuners.
ive tried planet waves, grover, schaller and now sperzel and I only use sperzel tunign machines now, they are by far the best even with their 12:1 gear ratio
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by Harvesterofsrrw
the gear ratio is irrelvant , sperzel has 12:1 but the gear tolorences are tighter then other manufacturers thus they are still very accurate and stable.
basically you just have to turn it more to tune with the higher gear ratio tuners.
ive tried planet waves, grover, schaller and now sperzel and I only use sperzel tunign machines now, they are by far the best even with their 12:1 gear ratio

thanks for the info