Here's my predicament. I'm willing to spend around $1500. It needs to be a 1x12 for transportation purposes. That severely limits my options. I was thinking about getting a Randall T2C and an Orange Tiny Terror Combo. When searching for amps, I've been having trouble finding something suitable for both of my guitars. Some sound much better with the RG and others sound better with the Strat. I figure I'll mainly use the Randall with the RG and the Orange with the Strat. I could also use them in stereo. Is that a good plan?
For that amount of money, and considering that you want a 1x12 combo, I would look at the various offerings from Mesa.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by AngryGoldfish
What kind of music do you play, kind sir?

ahh the time tested question that never gets answered...
Pedal Board(s)

GAS list:
- Fender Jazzmaster
- Supa Trem
- 2x12 cab
- Mesa Lone Star
- ondes martenot
Have you checked out a used Mark IV combo? IMO that'd be a better bet than those two combos (the T2C does look pretty tasty though, pretty interested in one myself).
Quote by Shabadoo
Have you checked out a used Mark IV combo? IMO that'd be a better bet than those two combos (the T2C does look pretty tasty though, pretty interested in one myself).

EXACTLY!
http://cgi.ebay.com/MESA-BOOGIE-MK-IIB-112-TUBE-COMBO-AMP-MARK-II-B-VINTAGE-/150448389877?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23076c3ef5
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
The Tiny Terror sucks in my opinion..

The other day I was playing an Orange Dual Terror, I found that the Tiny Terror channel on it was unusable and the fat channel on it sounded good with the gain turned up and the volume turned down, but with the volume up, it sounded like a loud bassy mess no matter where you put the tone and gain at.

As you have a fair amount of money, Mesa/Boogie is a very good suggestion.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Some classic rock type stuff, to fuzzy stuff, to all out metal. But 75% of the time I want a JCM on steroids tone. I'll be using distortion 97% of the time.
Hmmm, maybe a second-hand Splawn? They make a 40 watt combo - though it's over your budget. Not by a lot, however.

Soldano Astroverb. It's not very loud, so not particularly ideal for gigging. Maybe something else by Soldano? They have definite Marshall characterstics, simply improved (at least in my opinion).

Egnater Renegade 1x12. I haven't played the combo version, but the head is an awesome amp. Undeniably snarly, and potentially British character.

Laney TT50. VERY British sounding. More thin and less saturated than a JCM800, so it's not quite a hot-rodded tone. Still, it has plenty of potential paired with a OD pedal like the Fulltone OCD.

Blackstar Seriers One 45. Hmmm, awesome amp. Definitely like a JCM on steroids.

Second-hand Diezel Einstein combo. Probably out of your price range.

Jet City 50 watt combo. I haven't tried it but it could be perfect for what you want.

Bugera 1990. I think that model is based on the 800 or 900.

Rivera make some good amps, particularly small 1x12 combos with additional gain and aggression than normal pub amps.

Hughes&Kettner Switchblade 50 combo... kinda JCM-ish

Yeah, so I'd specifically look into the Blackstar Series One 45 combo, Egnater Renegade 65 watt 1x12, something by Rivera and Soldano, and maybe a Laney.
Quote by FatalGear41
For that amount of money, and considering that you want a 1x12 combo, I would look at the various offerings from Mesa.

+1
Quote by bemiswins
if someone flames you on the internet for music you like, they fail.

Here's my YouTube if anyone wants to see some of my videos.
Considering you want Marshally, go for a Laney AOR, Peavey VTM, Peavey Butcher, JCM 800 or 900... the Jet City 50 watter should be ideal as well.

As for heads, you can always get a 1x12 cabinet.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
If I was going to get one amp that wasn't restricted to the size requirement, I would probably get the T2. But they just came out with the combo that's significantly cheaper so it seemed perfect. It would leave money for something different. The thing is that it has to be able to do metal with flying colors and the others recommended don't have the JCM800 on steroids tone AND do metal. Stacks just don't work, it has to be a 1x12 combo.