Which brand strings do you use and why? I'm curious to see if anyone has used rotosounds before. I'm using Boomer's atm, 09-46 for E standard / drop D
for my electric i use: D'Addario Regular Light Gauge (10 - 46)
and for my acoustic i use: Ernie Ball Earthwood Medium Lights (12-54)
i play mostly in drop D and E Standard
I have tried every brand of strings i could find and i keep coming back to dadderio or dunlop wich are both equally good in my opinion , though the dunlops feel a little silkier
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
btw i hear people say how "bright" strings are. what does this actually mean? should i be looking for bright strings if im going for a thrash metal tone? noob question but would be nice if i'm in the know
Rotosound makes fine strings, but they are best known for their electric bass strings. This is understandable since they invented the roundwound bass string. Their guitar strings aren't as popular as a lot of other brands only because they usually cost more.

I don't know that any guitar strings or brands are noticeably brighter than others. They're all pretty bright when they're new, unless you get flatwounds and most people never do. I doubt that there is any string that is specifically suited for thrash metal. Just stick with a name-brand string and you'll be fine.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by NosralTserrof
Ernie balls or Dunlops.

dunlops, eb's break too easy and dont last long
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
DR 11s (pure blues) on my LP and Rotosound 10s on my Godin. They're pretty decent strings. The DRs are awesome, though.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I furiously masturbate on public transportation.
I use D'Addario 11-49s. I play in standard, e-flat, drop d, drop c#. Works fine for all those tunings.

I find that Earnie Balls get really dirty really quickly and break easier.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
I use Fender Bullet 009-040 the most often, as I use the tremelo bar on vintage vibratos, and they seem to be the most tuning stable, mostly due to that Ball end not rolling around in the inertia block(Strat)/tail-bar (Mustang/Jaguar).

For everything else I use Earnie Ball 009-046, and that's the brand I've stuck with for the longest time, and I have the least string breakage with those with my heavy handed whammy bar use.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
I use DR Black Beauties on my ltd because they last a long time(which is good cause stringing a floyd every 2 weeks is a pain.) They also look sick as hell on my guitar
ESP/LTD: MH-1000FR
Epiphone: Les Paul Ultra II (JB/Jazz)
Squire: Modded HSS Strat
Fractal Audio: Axe Fx II (checking store every 2 minuets)
Atomic: Reactor FR
Line 6: UX1
Roland: TD-3KW
I've used them all and I find Ernie Balls Heavy bottoms are the best for dropping. I even use them over DRs new drop tune strings.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
I'm using D'Addario EXL115s (11-49) on my Strat. I play in standard, Drop D, Eb, Drop C#, Drop C, and on some occasions D Standard, Drop B, and Drop A#. Does all those tunings fine, plus the colored knobs on the ends make it extremely helpful to know which string goes where when restringing.
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Last edited by rocknrolldude43 at May 26, 2010,
For some reason I really like D'addario XL regular light, even though there are more expensive and better options out there.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I've been trying Rotosounds on my LP for the last 2 months. I'm really liking them so far. Not as much as Thomastiks but they're great.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I use rotosound 10s on all my guitars and love them. Their HQ/factory is also in my town about a 5 minute walk from my house.
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100