Poll: Did you stay friends with high school friends? And is psychology a popular course?
Poll Options
View poll results: Did you stay friends with high school friends? And is psychology a popular course?
Friends Forever!
19 21%
Lost touch with them. Bastards didn't call me back.
21 23%
Friends? When did I get those?
5 5%
Yes Psychology is popular.
16 17%
No Psychology is not popular.
1 1%
Don't take college.
3 3%
*Pointless poll option here*
27 29%
Voters: 92.
Ignore the stupid title.

Just a quick question to people in college, uni or finished education.

Did you stay friends with high school friends? Or did you lose contact with them?

and another for anyone that does Psychology, is it a popular subject/course in your college?

EDIT: Poll up.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Last edited by padgea7x at May 26, 2010,
I'm still friends/still hang out with most of my high school associates.

Yes, psychology is a popular major choice at my college.
Nah i lost contact with my whole group and there was 14 of us. I hang around with a new group of people who i never talked to in school.

I dont do psychology but my friend did and my sister and they both thought it was really boring =/
Quote by Venice King
Snatch is such a crude term - Use a better one like axe-wound or cave-opening.

Gear:
Ibanez ART300
Roland Cube 20X

I make trip-hop
https://soundcloud.com/chris-thomas-214
^ Check it out
Quote by padgea7x
Ignore the stupid title.

Just a quick question to people in college, uni or finished education.

Did you stay friends with high school friends? Or did you lose contact with them?

Yep, but I'm studying at the same city I was when I was in highschool

and another for anyone that does Psychology, is it a popular subject/course in your college?

Are you by any chance choosing a career based on popularity?
Im friends with people i genuinely liked an not just the best of a bad bunch to help pass the time. Did psychology for two months then quit as it was boring an the girls in the class were ugly as sin
Quote by kalnoky7

Are you by any chance choosing a career based on popularity?

No, I was just curious because a lot of people I know seem to think it's one of those subjects that only gets a few people taking it.

I stayed in touch with the ones who mattered to me.

And psychology was popular at my secondary school, yeah.
Psychology is too popular here. We have too many graduates for the jobs that people want psychologists to do. It's really competitive.
I still hang out with my friends from elementary. I was friends with them in elementary and high school, and still in when we went our separate ways in uni. Even if we have to travel a bit to see each other, but we still do very often. We used to live in the same neighbourhood, and some of them branched off but we still hang out all the time. Quite often actually.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
I've been best friends with the bassist of my band since the 5th grade.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Im going to the rival college of my best friend since birth, so 18 yrs. We will remain best friends.

I am also majoring in Psychology. yes it is popular. no it is not the sensitive emotional bullshit alot of chicks think it is who take it (and subsequently alot drop out because of this).
Lost contact with most of them, now I have a good circle of friends who have been in my school through Secondary school with but until recently I never knew.

My old friends are your typical "OMG Glee are the best thing to happen to music!" type people. Couldn't stand them now.

And Psychology is quite popular, but some people taking it hate it.
I keep in touch but you move on a little. They are still by friends and always will be but I have work friends and university friends now. It gets confusing :P:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Quote by padgea7x
No, I was just curious because a lot of people I know seem to think it's one of those subjects that only gets a few people taking it.

They're incorrect.

I'm still friends with a couple of high school friends, but I've lost touch with equally as many.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

psychology is way too popular, you're just bandwagoning if you're going to choose that.

unless you have an extreme and uttermost interest in the subject
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
I talk to a couple through FB, but other than that, I've pretty much lost contact with everyone from school.

Not surprising, though, cos I was a dick back then, too.
Keep in contact with a few, but gradually lost contact with most.
It's gonna be a blue day
Quote by Declan87
Multiple answers please bitch?

Not got a clue how to edit polls .

Quote by the bartender
psychology is way too popular, you're just bandwagoning if you're going to choose that.

unless you have an extreme and uttermost interest in the subject

Well I've always had an interest for it, but not an extreme interest in it.

in contact with one person from school. best mates are from college and were going to the same uni
now extra flamey
Quote by Declan87
Multiple answers please bitch?

I want to vote for every option too!

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

I make a lot of effort to stay close to my oldest friends

I am still good friends with people I went to nursery / infant school with

I have known one lad all my life; my mum and his met when in labour!
Quote by padgea7x

Early psychology is packed! Every seat is full, you can barely move, and there are about 7 different classes to take. By the time you get to 3rd year a class of 15 in a room that seats 90 people is a large class. At least at my uni its that way.
Psychology is extremely popular more or less everywhere. I've heard it can make things difficult occupation wise if you leave without a post-grad degree.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Quote by leeb rocks
Psychology is extremely popular more or less everywhere. I've heard it can make things difficult occupation wise if you leave without a post-grad degree.

A friend of mine's missus makes good money as a statistician from her undergraduate psychology degree. You learn a lot of transferable skills on a course like that.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
A friend of mine's missus makes good money as a statistician from her undergraduate psychology degree. You learn a lot of transferable skills on a course like that.

Good point I hadn't considered.

Another point as far as psychology goes. Start to like statistics.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
I lost contact with probably 80% of the people I was close with in HS. You make better friends in college usually.

Psych is extremely popular and because of this is extremely competitive. It is dam near impossible to find a job if you only have your undergrad. Unless you are really passionate about the subject, I wouldn't recommend it. It's very hard to find a job. Same with things like communication, foreign language, teaching and some business degrees like marketing and human resources. Accounting and finance (what I am) are a little easier.

Networking helps to. My first job was with a very successful, very large financial firm in NYC through a friend I knew.
Quote by leeb rocks
Good point I hadn't considered.

Another point as far as psychology goes. Start to like statistics.

I like statistics, like this poll says that 37.50% selected *post pointless poll option here*

I'm still friends with my 'main group' of friends from college/highschool. But I met loads of different people in college who i became good friends with but i dont talk to anymore.

Psychology was the most popular A-level at my college. As far as i know its a bit too p opular at uni, if only a few people took it maybe it'd be a decent degree but since so many people do it its a pretty useless degree i hear...
Quote by StonaLemons
I'm still friends with my 'main group' of friends from college/highschool. But I met loads of different people in college who i became good friends with but i dont talk to anymore.

Psychology was the most popular A-level at my college. As far as i know its a bit too p opular at uni, if only a few people took it maybe it'd be a decent degree but since so many people do it its a pretty useless degree i hear...

Here in the US a Psych bachelor's doesn't get you much (4-year uni degree), but a master's (2 or so more years) does, and a Ph.D/Psy.D (2 or so more years again) really, really do.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Yeah I'm still friends with a lot of the guys from my highschool. And psychology is very popular at my university.
I definitely lost contact with most of them, and the ones that I still talk to, I hear from considerably less.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
I only keep in touch with a couple of high school. I keep in touch with more people from uni.
...Bleep Bloop...
I'm making it a point of mine to end all relationships now as a matter of fact. Quite frankly my friends bug the hell out of me.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Still friends with the ones I was close with and not friends with the ones that I wasn't very close with.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I'm still in contact with my high school friends, but then I only graduated a year ago. I went to a different school when I was younger, and I kind of drifted apart from most of the people there.

And I saw a survey somewhere that said Psychology was the third most popular course in the world in 2008.
I haven't made a single friend at college.

But that's mostly cuz I'm local and spend as little time as possible at that fagheap called university.

I dunno what's gonna happen when I graduate though. I think I'm gonna want to move on. But It'll be hard cuz I'm so rooted here.