With recent news of Paul Grays death, and Dio... and Peter Steele... and the Rev... I started thinking: What if this trend continues? What if metal artists keep dying as summer roles in, and who's going to be next? Of course, there's no way to predict who in the vivid world of metal will die... but if someone is going to, who do you think it will be?

There's 2 names that spring to my mind. Tom Araya (Slayer) who recently went through back surgery, and Bill Kelliher (Mastodon) who been diagnosed with Pancreatitis...
"I don't even dare and ask your age... all that matters is that you're backstage. You're jailbait! And I just can't wait!" Motorhead, Jailbait.
Bob "McNasty Chode" Spinnerthistle

On board, I'm the captain
So climb aboard
We'll search for tomorrow on every shore
And I'll try, oh Lord, I'll try to carry on
Quote by Minkaro
Dave Mustaine, so he can be even more overrated.

LOL, you just made my day
What is this so called..... Signature?
whoever tours with coheed and cambria

frsrs
in the last few years they've toured with avenged sevenfold, heaven and hell, AND slipknot... o_0
Go Veg.
Disclaimer: I do not like Slayer.

Just because Arraya recently had back surgery really is no reason to put him on a "possibly about to die" list. On my football team there were probably 3 or 4 players who had surgery last year. Surgery fixes your body, it doesn't kill it.

Any of the guys from the LA hair scene. Or Ozzy. The amount of drugs and booze those guys have consumed could kill an elephant.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at May 26, 2010,
I wonder how many none metal musicians have died lately. A hell of a lot more I suspect,
but we don't have a 'guess who's dead?' thread.

though I would be surprised is someone didn't guess Connie if that was the case lol
If there's no betting involved, this thread's a bit shit.
Quote by Minkaro
Dave Mustaine, so he can be even more overrated.
Probably this.

Though really, probably not.

IMO, some four/five well known people dying within a relatively short time span in one huge genre (2 if you don't count Slipknot and A7X under metal ) isn't really that crazy.

Unless this is all just a sign of the APOCALYPSE BOUND TO HAPPEN ON 21.12.2012!

But I dunno... predicting deaths is just a bit... st00pid.

And if you get it right, you're a suspect in case they don't die of natural causes, lawl. Especially if we start betting on who's next, hahah.
Last edited by Sanitarium91 at May 26, 2010,
Quote by Sanitarium91

And if you get it right, you're a suspect in case they don't die of natural causes, lawl. Especially if we start betting on who's next, hahah.

Fair enough... I just thought it was an interesting topic to talk about... But who knows? Maybe I should've made this thread about artists that we would miss intensely if they died...
"I don't even dare and ask your age... all that matters is that you're backstage. You're jailbait! And I just can't wait!" Motorhead, Jailbait.
Quote by Sanitarium91

It's called "death pools"! It's great fun! Didn't you see Dirty Harry 5?
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Lemmy would be a shout.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
I don't think there's been that many more deaths than normal.

As to who will be next, the more likely candidates would be (1) new bands with members under 30 years old getting caught up with drugs, alcohol, more likely to have a road accident due to touring in less luxury than more established bands and (2) first generation metallers like Ozzy due to age, their past catching up on them etc.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by Phill-Rock
I don't think there's been that many more deaths than normal.

As to who will be next, the more likely candidates would be (1) new bands with members under 30 years old getting caught up with drugs, alcohol, more likely to have a road accident due to touring in less luxury than more established bands and (2) first generation metallers like Ozzy due to age, their past catching up on them etc.
Pretty much, yup, agreed.

Though I'm not sure if there hasn't been that many more deaths than normal. Of course the case here is that these people are well known/in a well known band and therefore practically everyone has heard about their deaths. And I think the TS meant who'll be the next "well known" metal artist to go, even if he didn't acknowledge it.

I'm sure even many underground metal artists' deaths would get a news spot even on this website though. Or at least on blabbermouth or something, which is the news source to this website half the time anyway. And I'm not sure you can call just anyone in a random myspace band an artist. Doesn't sound right to me anyway. It's all about how you wanna look at it, I guess.