Okay, I do GCSE music at the moment (which is painfully limiting to your creative side), and whilst doing practical work in school, I came up with this simple, mediocre riff on the piano (bloody teacher was like, 'I want you to make a triad riff, with only these three notes', which is annoying, but, I came up with this whilst doing that).

So, being the rebel I am, I went home and did all I could to build that up into a song to show my teacher how horrible he is by stopping us from being creative...

Well, that's not all that true, but he said I could put it towards my coursework if I really wanted.

Genre wise, I think it's pretty much straight forward rock, with some influences of pop-punk and post-hardcore in it, perhaps.

---

So basically, before I go and record it all on real instruments, I want an opinion to make it the best I possibly can, that's where I need your help and advice.

Thank you very much
Attachments:
Song built from simple riff.gp5
Song built from simple riff.mid
Song built from simple riff.gp4
Last edited by Chrisseh at May 26, 2010,
Honestly, I cant find too much Id change about that, I thought it was pretty good. I liked it alot, and thats not usually my style of music, by I enjoyed it GREAT JOB MAN!!!!
BTW, whats GCSE?
Aha, thankyou!

and GCSE is a thing we have in the UK,
it's like, courses you take in year 10 and 11 (age 14-16) that get you qualifications to go into higher education and college

Ohhh, and out of curiosity, what is your usual style of music?
Last edited by Chrisseh at May 26, 2010,
was begging for a cheesy key change, and you fed it right to me. sharp cheddar too, not the mild stuff. <3
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
Quote by Chrisseh
Aha, thankyou!

and GCSE is a thing we have in the UK,
it's like, courses you take in year 10 and 11 (age 14-16) that get you qualifications to go into higher education and college

Ohhh, and out of curiosity, what is your usual style of music?

My usual style is Tech death metal
Well, then I think I've done alright if I've made you like it, aha!

and I thought the key change was quite good too, am proud of that (:
Last edited by Chrisseh at May 27, 2010,
Catchy riff is catchy, I must admit. Not too repetitive neither, and with some vocals on top of it I bet it'd sound great. The key change was something I wasn't all too surprised of, but it worked out well.

I'd personally enjoy the verse more if the "root notes" were palm muted. It accentuates the riff. Also, the bass doesn't sound all too interesting... It's kinda like a second rhythm guitar one octave lower.

I'd appreciate a C4C, if possible: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1315336

Good luck!
Yeah, I thought that about the bass, it's been bugging me, so I think I really should do something about it during the verses/chorus, any ideas?