That's right, my band Steel Martyr has released our first album. I'd greatly appreciate anyone who could take the time to check them out on our myspace, and write me a quick Crit on here. I'd be more than happy to return the favor for anyone who wants me to!

Here is our myspace address

http://www.myspace.com/steelmartyrs

Thanks, it will be extremely appreciated
I REALLY REALLY like neovirus. Everything is pretty decent though. Must say though, that in my opinion the singer needs just a little work. Other then that its great, I just dont like all the vocals, it sounds like he needs a little work on his control over his voice. Might just be me though. The Guitar solos PWN SO MUCH THOUGH.
C4C?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GF9ct3MZ5o
Tell me what u think, thanks
Great stuff son... The guitars are just great - drums & bass are too - the singer just needs to tighten up a bit - sounds a bit too wimpy for Metal. I like deep voiced metal singers though like the singers in Clutch or SOAD... All in all GOOD JOB - keep it up and you'll get a ticket out of that one-horse town

Did you do your own recordings or was this a studio - sounds pro.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Ehh what can you say then 365, lol but thanks for checking it out, much appreciated.

And awesomo, I am also the singer, and that arose pretty much because we can't find a singer to fit this band in our area! So I totally agree that I need to get better. I consider myself a guitarist much more than a singer, so naturally i may be lacking in that department haha. And I'm glad you like Neovirus, that's also my favorite song of ours! And thank you for the kind words as far as the guitar solos.

I checked out your video, and that's really good control you've got over those sweeps, you're a much better sweeper than me! Very good job.
Strangedogs, we did it in a very small local studio (When I say small, I mean about 100 square feet!) but the producer we worked with is freaking brilliant, so we're very glad to have worked with him. And thanks a lot for your comments, and i agree, i'm still growing as a singer. Totally need to get better.
1st song: Didn't like the bass tone that much, and the guitars and especially drums don't seem clear enough to me but thats probably my speakers and or the myspace player.

2nd song: guitar tone seemed messy at points. Vocals possibly could come in a bit earlier. But good riffs etc

3rd song: liked the vibe to the intro riff, good groove, didn't like the leady bits just before 3 mins in the background.

4th song: Solid intro, with nice interesting melody, liked the vocals (were abit different to other songs imo). Solo was great, but maybe could've been higher in the mix. Nice slayer styled vox after that but need more grit.

Last song: Afformentioned bass tone. Liked the faster paced riff near the end.

Over all I thought the material was really solid and well written, albeit perhaps a little samey. Had a nice mix of slayer, metallica and general thrash, with some Godsmack imo, which led to a nice overall style.

Playing was good, although in some cases maybe more backing vox could've been used or had some more grit in them.

Other than that it was only minor production things that I thought could be improved, but thats just my ears/my bad speakers/me being over critical.

but good work guys
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Last edited by Shredx at May 26, 2010,
Listened to Neovirus and I gotta say, I loved it. Started off with a kinda Megadeth feel, and worked into a bit of Slayer, then back to the Megadeth. Only problem I had with it was the vocals, which weren't horrible, just not ideal. Otherwise, great song.
Quote by martyr1130
Thanks for the criticism Shredx, anything you'd like me to crit?

Only have my AS music tech C/w but its not anywhere, so dont worry just enjoyed listening and going quite into the music
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Thanks dizeaz, any comparison to either of those bands is very welcomed! glad you enjoyed Neovirus, that's my favorite song of ours as well.