I came home today from school, and my amp made this fuzzy sound when i turned it on. Is one of the tubes busted? I looked in the back, and all the power tubes looked fine but idk bout the 12ax7s cause there cased in metal. Oh, and btw the amp is a bugera 6262 2x12 120w combo.
you can probably take the metal cover off.

im gettin the 6262 head in a couple months, ive heard the combo doesnt sound as good. does it?
It probably is a bad tube.

Turn off the amp and wait for it to cool down, take off the metal casing around the tubes, turn the amp back on and then see if all the tubes light up. If one dosn't then you need to replace it.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
How high did you set the gain?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
well, you turned it on, and got fizzy sound. did you get your guitar sound at all? or just fizz, you tried playing ur guitar and nothing worked?

is it a big HUMMMMM, or is it a HISSSSSSSSSSSS, or is it a fizz? i only heard fizz from an unstable tube gain stage, and a badly overdriven transistor...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard