Page 1 of 2
I've been tired of playing les pauls,strats,SG etc.Im lookin for something unique,that might give my band a little standout,though not too out there(funky painted wood patterns).I'm not really that worried about sound quality,price,materials used,I figure I can make up for it with a little fuzz.Anything but Danelectro(got one ) and especially Airline,I just get too many Jack White references.
Parker Fly

Fender Jaguar

Ibanez Xiphos

Schecter Avenger

Gibson RD if you can find one.

Quote by BMP
Get a Parker Fly

You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by Cave_Mann15
I've been tired of playing les pauls,strats,SG etc.Im lookin for something unique,that might give my band a little standout,though not too out there(funky painted wood patterns)I'm not really that worried about sound quality,price.,materials used,I figure I can make up for it with a little fuzz.Anything but Danelectro(got one ) and especially Airline,I just get too many Jack White references.

You shitting me?

Anyhoo, can't go wrong with a Xiphos, and Iceman etc, both from Ibanez.
Gibson Explorer? or maybe a flying V? theres alot of funky gear out there man

+1 on the Parker Fly, but they're WAY overpriced.
gibson firebird hagstrom viking build a cigar-box guitar (youtube shovelman, thats a unique sound) gretsch just start playing guitars at the store, there are a million sounds out there, best bet is to just look for yourself
Quote by phank
You might want to consider one of Spalt's guitars. Those few who have them seem perplexed at why an insect would stick it's little insect dick inside a guitar and spread it's seed so said guitar could give birth to one of these monstrosities...

fixed...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
these might be a little to funky and ive never played one so not sure about quality but if you want unique check out minirak guitars
So what you're saying is that you want a guitar that is different even though it could be the worst guitar ever created buand sound like total shit but you'll make up for it with 'a little fuzz'? Right...

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/SpongeBob-Squarepants-7-8-Size-Electric-Guitar-and-Mini-Amp/B9L

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by ChucklesMginty

What's your budget, what kind of music do you play?

TS I realize you dont care about sound quality (which is kinda weird if you gig but whatever) But you gotta answer this question. You may find in 5 years that not caring about sound quality was the stupidest decision you could make if you gig. Unless you have some kinda uber amp or something then w/e.

But srsly at least answer the budget question. Or every reply is practically useless.
Look for some of the more interesting Yamaha's from the 80's/90's. Not only are they unique but they are great guitars as well that you won't have to drown in fuzz.

Perhaps an SGV:

Or SG (SBG after lawsuit):
Quote by biga29
.....That is... the most pointless thing I have ever seen.

I know! I mean, why didn't they make the 7 string half of it a floating bridge as well? Completely pointless and non-br00tz without 2nd trem. /thread

There's a bunch of B.C. Rich guitars that are very... unique.

There's the...
Ironbird
Son of Beast
Warlock
Warbeast
Draco
and theres one more that I can picture but it's name isn't coming to me.

There's also Dean Cadillacs.

There's the Schecter Avenger...

I win.
a reverse strat, unusual colors like a white guitar (i have one with gold parts and love it...get compliments on it all the time),

or something like a fly (if you can afford one) rickenbacker (if you can afford one), gretch duo jet of electromatic, firebird (if you can afford one), explorer (one of the various copies), a prs mira, a carvin of some sort
Try getting an Epiphone Scroll.
Put this in your signature if you've ever saved a child.

Yea thats what i thought.
jesus. i mean if your a hardcore pantera like metal band. i dont want to see that drivel unless your melting faces with your solos.

if you have a guitar shaped like a razor blade and flames on it, you better be impressive enough to have a record deal. if not....F that noise, get some style. kerry king can justify it. not the garage hero o average giging musician.

thats just my stance.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
I always thought the Ibanez Iceman was the coolest guitar shape...

What's your budget, what kind of music do you play?

Up to 2,400.00 though I'll admit, I don't mind cheep junk guitars because I do like the feel of em.Well I play kinda sloppy(lotta slides and pulls)bluesy,classic alt rock sound(STP,Screaming Trees)and the last few months been pretty heavy into Jack White stuff.If the sound is really that bad i'll just drop off some new pickups in it,never really seen a guitar that sounds that bad.
Last edited by Cave_Mann15 at May 27, 2010,
You got 2,400?

Here you go.

Wait. 2,400 what?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
carvin
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
Quote by biga29
You got 2,400?

Here you go.

Wait. 2,400 what?

Haha Dollars, I've got one of them job things, this is just what I've got one the side right now.As long as things don't get massively high,like double digits I'll be okay.
Quote by Pengu1n
Gretsch Bo Diddley

Mmm, yeah.

wow isnt that a beauty?i'd sell my soul to get that...
Gretch win! You could get that guitar shaped like an AK-47, that'd be pretty unique. Or, if you really want a unique guitar, get and Epiphone Airstreamer lol.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
You could make a guitar, or paint a guitar, or get someone to paint/airbrush a guitar. Or you could hotrod the hell out of an existing one and add cool stuff
Fender Musicmaster
Messenger Brand guitars from the 60's
Strings & Things St. Blues
Old Kays, Harmony's, Nationals, and Teiscos
Microfrets Guitars (another seldom heard of 60's models)
Kramer Enterprise
Kramer Triax
Musicman Sabre
The Gittler "Fishbone" guitar
The Eric Chapman "Stick"
Fender Performer
Fender Katana (about as close to mainstream one can get without being so)

Most of what I see in this thread is pretty mainstream, the Vee and Explorer are copied constantly, I'll even consider the JAguar, Jazzmaster, Mustang, and even to a lesser degree Jag-Stang mainstream because it seems a lot of people want those now.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Quote by TMF128
I am I the only person who finds this guitar REALLY nice?

No, I like it.

It's made in Indonesia, though. I find it weird, my friend's Iceman is made there, too and it's a pretty higher-end intermediate level guitar. They run what, $800 new?
Page 1 of 2