hi, have a possibly stupid question having never attempted this. I'm considering buying this mic : http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.co...-Mic?sku=270171 with the intent to slap it in front of an acoustic guitar.

I already have a blue bluebird that would be used on vocals
I have a dbx376 pre amp
so if I want to run them both at the same time, can I do that?
will the line input provide phantom power? and can it power two devices at once?
Quote by leavesandman
i hope your children get aids

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.

Member Number 11 of Metallica Mensa
Quote by leavesandman

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.

although, my heart is not dead set on THAT Mic. I'm just looking for the best possible Mic to Record an acoustic Guitar.
Quote by leavesandman

Quote by richwatkinson

IMO, I'd rather get two dynamic mics for a stereo pattern. One close and one a bit further away to catch the room.

SM57's(http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Shure-SM57-InstrumentVocal-Mic?sku=270102&rec=product_sim_A) are the way to go that way, although I do love the sound of condensers on an acoustic guitar...

And I don't think your DBX can take more than one input at a time...

Recording separately or getting another input looks like your only choices. You could get a splitter and get both inputs, but it will decrease the volume of each and put them on one track, making it difficult to EQ... And I don't know what the wire would do with phantom. But, your input does have phantom power..
Quote by L2112Lif
IMO, I'd rather get two dynamic mics for a stereo pattern. One close and one a bit further away to catch the room.

SM57's(http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Shure-SM57-InstrumentVocal-Mic?sku=270102&rec=product_sim_A) are the way to go that way, although I do love the sound of condensers on an acoustic guitar...

And I don't think your DBX can take more than one input at a time...

Recording separately or getting another input looks like your only choices. You could get a splitter and get both inputs, but it will decrease the volume of each and put them on one track, making it difficult to EQ... And I don't know what the wire would do with phantom. But, your input does have phantom power..

I have an Sm57 but I usually can't get it loud enough to make it worth it. usually I set the bluebird in front of whoever is recording, but I don't really like how the bluebird sounds with guitar compared to some other mics
Quote by leavesandman

Quote by richwatkinson

To answer your question, no the dbx cant be used on both. Its only got one input and the line input will not provide phantom power.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp