Can anyone tell me how I can accomplish this, without buying any software or anything? Or would someone be willing to let me send them the files and do it for me? I need this done as soon as possible for a project for school. Thanks a lot in advance.
Stay True
XXX
Good luck fucker.

Your best hope is to EQ them out with something like Audacity, but the results will be less than desirable. You're better off Googling for an acapella. instrumental.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Last edited by SteveHouse at May 26, 2010,
can't be done. Plain and simple.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
You can't. You can try to EQ it out, but you will never get rid of it fully.

The only way you will be able to do this, is if you find the master tracks and omit the vocal that way.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
this is tough to do. you're most likely going to need some professional grade software to be able to take the vocals out completely.

but if you have audacity, search your question in youtube, there's a video up somewhere explaining how to do this with audacity but it's not perfect.
just google for a vocal-less version. If you look hard enough, you can find it. What song is it btw?
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Get Audacity.

Import song.

Split Stereo Track into two tracks.

Invert the left track.

Convert both to mono

Presto.

Note that you may lose some of the drums, bass and other instruments, but it makes all right backing tracks i guess.

Why did i write like that?
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by King Twili
Get Audacity.

Import song.

Split Stereo Track into two tracks.

Invert the left track.

Convert both to mono

Presto.

Note that you may lose some of the drums, bass and other instruments, but it makes all right backing tracks i guess.

Why did i write like that?

holy shit, that's surprisingly effective.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
How big/well-known is the artist/band?
Because if you email sometimes they will send out things like that.
Depends how busy they are and how generally nice they are, but it can work!
It's 3 songs from Dora The Explorer XD My girlfriend needs it for her French class, they had to pick something and redo it all in French, so we're filming it, and she needs the songs without vocals so they can redo them in French.

I already tried the Audacity thing and it doesn't work.
Stay True
XXX
Quote by I, Destroyer
It's 3 songs from Dora The Explorer XD My girlfriend needs it for her French class, they had to pick something and redo it all in French, so we're filming it, and she needs the songs without vocals so they can redo them in French.

If it doesn't work, either it's the file that doesn't have the correct channel configuration or some technical shit like that for that audacity trick to work, or either you're doing it wrong.

I suggest retrying or getting another mp3 file.
Quote by I, Destroyer

Probably means the vocals are panned to one side.

Try splitting the stereo track, converting each to mono then muting one of them and seeing if they go away. If not try the other.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Redo the song yourself and have her or someone sing the lyrics in French. I can't imagine a Dora song being that hard to play
My Gear
Fender Strat ('97American Lonestar HSS)
Ibanez RGTHRG1
B-52 AT100
Marshall1960A Cab
Marshall 1960B Cab