Is the Ibanez Iceman ICB 305 EX good?

EDIT: How about EPIPHONE GOTH THUNDERBIRD IV
Last edited by MetalMonsterzzz at May 27, 2010,
no.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
Its good if you think its good.
(Although personally I would consider a diffrent model)
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
not for the price
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Even worse.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

Neither of them are really good.
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles
Nevermind, that's a stupid pun for Australian pyromaniacs.
Just forget I said anything.

Quote by mac_attack
THE PURE SEXUAL THRILL!!!!
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
I just realised I wasn't being very helpful.
If you give us your wants/needs and a price range, we can suggest you some good basses that will fit your needs.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Im sure we can find you a great bass if you give us your price range......
RIP lowlife (fort wayne) the best crappy crusty punk band ever!
Bass:Like 200-500 euros (=250-600 USD) I play metal on guitar and I want to learn bass too
Amp:100-250 USD
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
The T-bird is OK actually, I'm looking at it as a second bass - not versitile, but the tone is nice.

Look up Yamaha basses, also Peavey.
^ The problem with T-birds is not the tone...though the tone is typically pretty muddy. The real issue is with the terrible ergonomics of it, and the 3-point bridge. The body's shape severely limits upper fret access, and the lack of an upper horn means that it neck dives badly. The 3-point bridges have a habit of popping off.

FYI, a bass doesn't have to "look" metal to be used in a metal band. As long as you're not playing a bright red J-bass with flowers on it or something, it'll look fine. Tone-wise, in bass, it's mostly in the amp...you can use any bass for just about any style.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at May 28, 2010,
Quote by Mutant Corn
^ The problem with T-birds is not the tone...though the tone is typically pretty muddy. The real issue is with the terrible ergonomics of it, and the 3-point bridge. The body's shape severely limits upper fret access, and the lack of an upper horn means that it neck dives badly. The 3-point bridges have a habit of popping off.

FYI, a bass doesn't have to "look" metal to be used in a metal band. As long as you're not playing a bright red J-bass with flowers on it or something, it'll look fine. Tone-wise, in bass, it's mostly in the amp...you can use any bass for just about any style.

EQing can get rid of a lot of the mud but its a really mid freq heavy guitar.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Oh the T-Bird Pro is far better than the standard ones No 3 point Bridge, active EQ, slightly better balance. So if any Thunderbird, the Thunderbird Pro is the way to go. Imo it sounds way better than the Gibson equivalent.
Squier classic vibe P-bass and a Hartke kickback 12 or SWR workingmans 12 combo (that will have to be used) that will be a great versatile combo...with a bass the amp does not matter quite as much, it is usually ran pretty transparent. The higher level Ibanez bass's are good (the neck thru versions) if you like thin necks, but you can never, ever go wrong with a nice P-bass
RIP lowlife (fort wayne) the best crappy crusty punk band ever!