Does anybody think that these will go up in price? (given the sad circumstances, RIP Paul)

I ask because my uncle has two at his shop, and I was thinking that maybe he shouldn't sell them for a while, if they would become more expensive.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by Bassist Rising
Does anybody think that these will go up in price? (given the sad circumstances, RIP Paul)

I ask because my uncle has two at his shop, and I was thinking that maybe he shouldn't sell them for a while, if they would become more expensive.

Highly doubt it. Would only sell for a lot of money if Paul had the popularity of Dimebag and Ibanez decided to exploit it. So just make sure you're able to sell it this way. It may prove to be difficult enough.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Don't be a douche and profit off a man's death.

Just keep them.
--Gear--

5 piece blonde sparkle Gretch drum kit

-Drummers need their own forum-
I doubt it would go up in value to much but i wouldn't certainly see if it plays nice as it will most likely be discontinued.
Quote by Phil Collins
Don't be a douche and profit off a man's death.

Just keep them.

It wouldn't be a very good guitar store if it kept the guitars now would it? Why should I keep them? My uncle spent money purchasing those so that he could sell them in his store, and as it is a business that requires money to survive, then he would want to sell them for as much as he could to make sure that his business runs well and makes him money (which is one of the main ideas of having a job, in case you didn't know), so why should he lose nearly £1000 because he would 'profit off a man's death'. Your response was totally unhelpful.

Thanks to other people who have actually replied with helpful responses.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
They'll go up in value if:
1) they suddenly become much more popular, and the demand outweighs the supply
2) if you kept them for years and years and sold them as vintage instruments to a collector who happens to be looking for that specific model
3) if Ibanez discontinues the line and there is still a healthy demand for them

Your best bet would be to sell them, the odds are they won't increase in value any time soon, and basses in a shop don't do any good if they're just sitting there for weeks on end
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Jesus christ this thread title just gave me a heart attack, I read PGB as PGM and for a horrible, horrible moment (I felt it in my gut) I thought King Paul Gilbert was dead...

Whos this PGB douche then?
wasn't very funny.

And what would be the point of discussing a Paul Gilbert guitar in the bass forum?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think