....if there are any.

So, after leaving school and entering the work world, I find myself with only enough time to continue one instrument. Guitar or Drums. I've played drums for one year but have progressed very fast, where has guitar for three years and have gotten nowhere.

Anyhow, I am thinking of selling off my acoustic drum kit + the Cabinet from my half-stack (still not ready to part with the head).

Basically, I want to be able to make easy recordings with my kit and be able to play quietly (because i will be moving within a year). So selling my drumkit, may yield me about $800 and the cabinet also about $800. So, I'd have $1600 towards a new electric kit.

TL;DR

-How likely will I regret moving from acoustic to electric?
-Electric Kit recommendations for someone who primarily plays Metal/Ska with a budget of around $1600
-Other things to keep in mind for selling/purchasing
MAD STACKS
Well I moved from a shitty electric kit to an acoustic kit and one things I miss is how it always stays in tune and how easy it is to place and get it the way you want.
Quote by Inhale.Breathe
....if there are any.

So, after leaving school and entering the work world, I find myself with only enough time to continue one instrument. Guitar or Drums. I've played drums for one year but have progressed very fast, where has guitar for three years and have gotten nowhere.

Anyhow, I am thinking of selling off my acoustic drum kit + the Cabinet from my half-stack (still not ready to part with the head).

Basically, I want to be able to make easy recordings with my kit and be able to play quietly (because i will be moving within a year). So selling my drumkit, may yield me about $800 and the cabinet also about $800. So, I'd have $1600 towards a new electric kit.

TL;DR

-How likely will I regret moving from acoustic to electric?
-Electric Kit recommendations for someone who primarily plays Metal/Ska with a budget of around $1600
-Other things to keep in mind for selling/purchasing

What's wrong with guitar? Anyways, you will probably regret moving from acoustic to electric, due to the difference in feel...meaning your technique will probably suffer tremendously (if you're aware of it though you'd be able to develop your technique), and you'll miss out on other things acoustic kits teach you, like tuning for example...I don't have any electric kit recommendations though, sorry, cuz I've never owned one myself...your going to need an amp for it though, and it'll cost you more then a moderately good acoustic kit--so if money's the issue, go with acoustic, but electric's are quieter

My 2 cents, but I'm no expert by any means
I think Acoustic is the way to go, as long as you're not stupid and try to play at like 1 am, then you'll be fine.

Maybe buy an electric in a few years?
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
^We have a drum thread?!
I must go there.
Thanks for pointing that out.

I'd say keep the guitar, and stuff. Sell acoustic, buy electric,
Or, alternatively, get some drum and cymbal mufflers.
..I was watching my death.