Hey, Ive been looking recently at guitars for Harder Rock, Metal and some, but very little Blues. The bands I play most of are Guns N Roses, Bon Jovi, Thunder, Ozzy Osbourne, Van Halen, Motley Crue, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zepp etc. I dont need anything too powerful, I'm not playing massively heavy music like Children of Bodom or Slayer I was wondering how versatile they guitar is, at the moment Its between the Ibanez S570 and the Jackson DK2M. So can anyone tell me how versatile the Ibanez is, or recommend a different guitar for these styles? My absolute maximum budget is 450 GBP, and I perfer a lighter guitar with a thinner neck (My currnet guitar is an LP copy that I like, but dont really get on with) My current amp is a Marshall Class 5, which is perfect for the rock stuff, but not good for metal, I will upgrade it soon to hopefully a Marshall JCM of some sort, but for now Im sorting out the guitar, as I need it to take to college as I cant take the amp.

Cheers
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

The S is an awesome guitar,

i loved mine and dearly miss it, the trem is awesome and the HSH config is incredibly versitile,

my old one came with the 5 point switching system they use on some models so it gave a huge varitiey in tone,

if you are willing to go used see if you can pick up a second hand prestige S, you wont be dissapointed with it

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I own a Jackson DK2M, and i like it. I've got it used with the JB switched out for an Invader. It is good for metal specifically i would say, and good for some 80's hard rock, but the cleans are pretty poor and stuff like guns n roses/ jimi etc. need good cleans. Haven't tried the Ibanez but check out some other Jacksons, there are some ones in your price range which would be great for that 80's hard rock style but also with nice cleans.

and I've just realised you've quoted me in your sig Tom 1.0
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
i own an ibanez S470, which is the older model of the 570 but it has the same pickups as the 470 and i had to swap the pickups out of mine for dimarzio evos because i hated the INF pickups that were in it but the guitar is brilliant to play otherwise and with dimarzio evos it has a very versitile tone range but with the stock pickups not very good tone range
Gear
Guitars
Epiphone SG G-400
IBANEZ S470DXQM

Amps
Vox Valvetronix VT30
Marshall MS-2 Micro Stack

Pedals
Zakk Wylde ZW 45 Cry Baby Wah
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Hey, thanks everyone. It looks like a fantastic guitar, and Dimarzios in Ibanez guitars seems to be a popular choice. Even if I hate the picups I still have money to upgrade them, even if it is just the bridge pickup for now. Can't wait to play it.
- Joe Bonamassa

Quote by TomG10-7
I dont need anything too powerful, I'm not playing massively heavy music like Children of Bodom or Slayer
Cheers

aww thats cute.
Quote by Arterial
aww thats cute.

Different people have different definitions of whats heavy get over it.
- Joe Bonamassa