I've been playing guitar for 4 years now. I play a lot of singer-songwriter/light rock/alternative rock stuff. I'm probably going to get a little more into blues in the near future as well. I've only picked up a little bit of music theory along the way, but recently I've been getting more into playing scales. I own 3 guitars--a Seagull S6 Spruce acoustic, Yamaha F-310 acoustic, and a low end Squier electric. Recently I've been looking to buy a new guitar, as the 3 I own are more entry-level quality, and I feel ready to upgrade.

I don't really have anyone else to play with, so what I was thinking of doing was getting an acoustic-electric and a loop/boomerang pedal. That way I'd be able to play something, and then work on soloing over it. I was wondering if anyone has any guitars or pedals to suggest for this type of thing? I'm planning on going to Guitar Center this weekend and test driving a few, but I thought it would be good if I had some idea going in. My budget on the guitar is around $1000... I don't mind going over that if the quality is worth it, but I'd like to keep it in that range if possible.

My current amp is this tiny vox one: http://guitars.musiciansf...tar-Combo-Amp?sku=482065 Honestly, I know next to nothing about gear. I'd like to learn some, but at this point, I'm more of a person who just wants to play and improve (both with my technical skills and music theory knowledge) rather than searching for the perfect tone and what not. I'm mostly just playing to myself at home.

Any thoughts or opinions are helpful to me. Thanks in advance.