im ure this has been made a hundred times before this but i couldnt find a straight answer

im getting a bugera 6262 in a couple of months and i know nothing about cabs

ive heard good things about vader and avatar cabs but i think theyr out of my price range

i play metal (priest, sabbath, metallica, megadeth) and i can spend around $200-$400

recommend me a cab please

also, i want a new cab dont recommend that i buy a used cab.
how many speakers you want? and btw, if avatar is out of your price range, theyre probably the cheapest cabs ive ever seen that still sound good. and may i ask why you cant go used? sometimes the speakers sound better broken in
You can find a used Marshall 1960a for around $300 if it is in perfect condition. Why wouldnt you want to go used?!
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Schecter c-1 FR prototype (for sale)
Squier strat

VOTE FOR MY BAND TO PLAY WARPED TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.battleofthebands/darkestbeforedawn
sorry, i want a 4x12

and i dont want to go used because theres normally not a warranty and i dont want to play for a month and then a speaker goes out.
mg cabs are surprisingly not terrible. they go for about $250 i think. i have an mg and its the head that is lame, but the cab is aight. I've even seen someone use one with a VHT head, and it sounded pretty good

plus they're smaller than average so transport is easier.
^I S*** you not compadre!

Quote by Explorerpro
You Sir, Are Made Of Win.

Quote by El Hilliaro
Wow TS, this is a seriously great, original idea.

Anyway, I'm off, for some reason I have the strongest urge to listen to The Ramones.
Quote by dlguitarmaster7
^ he doesnt want avatars

didnt say that, just didnt know if i could afford them. if its between $200-$400 and it sounds good im gettin it.
Quote by dlguitarmaster7
^ he doesnt want avatars

even still an extra $100 gets you a better cab than most that are available
Quote by roknoob1590

plus they're smaller than average so transport is easier.

wouldnt being smaller affect the bass?
I'm using a Randall RX412 together with my Randall RH150 G3 Plus. The cab is equipped with 4 12" Celestion Seventy 80's, they're not so bad really. I've tried it with a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier and a Peavy 5150, the sound was great. You can get that cabinet brand new for $349.
ESP SV Standard
Schecter C7 Blackjack ATX
LTD EX-400
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNT
Randall RH150 G3 Plus
Last edited by Klabbhaugen74 at May 26, 2010,
Quote by rickyj
wouldnt being smaller affect the bass?

honestly yes to some extent, but youre not going to get amazing low end in any cab in the 200-400$ range. Honestly, would just save up a bit more and go for an avatar with celestion 75s if you want metal.

i think you can get the cheapest avatar 4x12 for something like $499 (plus shipping). but yeah it'll be worth the extra $150-ish.
^I S*** you not compadre!

Quote by Explorerpro
You Sir, Are Made Of Win.

Quote by El Hilliaro
Wow TS, this is a seriously great, original idea.

Anyway, I'm off, for some reason I have the strongest urge to listen to The Ramones.
avatar 212s are exactly 400 shipped.
If you say you need a 412 without a good explanation why I will shame you.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer