Page 1 of 5
So in History today, my teacher brought up a bunch of websites that still promote Nazism and are openly threatening. So I was wondering how legal can this really be? Can't the authorities do something about it?

Here's the only one whos name I remember- http://aryanwear.com/
Quote by supersac
ive won an argument with a girl but then i still lost
Quote by rgrockr
I guess that's why my ass was sore when I woke up this morning.

It is now my goal to get skylerjames13 to BURN OUT
Every thread I touch closes
I ENJOY SKAAAAAAA
I am not clicking that link
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
I wonder what would happen if a kid came to school in full SS uniform. It would make the news at the least and spark a thread or two on the pit I bet.
Favorite Gear

-Aria PE Anniversary
--Roland JC-120
---S101 ES-335
----S101 5 String
-----Ashdown MAG

Quote by thanksgiving
1. Talk to her friends.
2. Then talk to her
3. Invite her out on a date
4.??????????????
5. Jail
Not illegal, however, I have heard that you can be flagged for being on those sites.
A website doesn't count as paraphernalia.

It's totally legal. You curb on their rights, yours can be too.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
this thread made me think of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.....

sɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɥʇıʍ poob ʇou ɯı uʍop ǝpısdn sıɥʇ sı ʎɥʍ pob ɥo
its free speech. im pretty sure as long as you arent committing crimes or threats people cant tell you how to think
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Not illegal. Well, not here anyway. I believe it is illegal to openly display Nazi symbols of any sort in Germany.
Im not a nazi, but I do find those sort of uniforms hot. Not neceserily nazi uniforms, but the long black military jackets, boots, leather gloves, offericers hat, etc... But thats for a different thread.
>_>

<_<

But think about it, if Nazi Germany had won the war, there'd be some german kid making a thread about some Jewish/gay/black website and the legality of it.

Edit: its probably bad that Im listening to Rammstein as Im posting in here.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by smartalec007 at May 26, 2010,
Quote by Imtrying
Not illegal, however, I have heard that you can be flagged for being on those sites.

Meh, I'll risk it haha I wanna see what that site's got and what it says

Not illegal at all; the internet is more or less uncensored except where the government tries to step in for their specific country. As it should be.

Quote by rockingamer2
A website doesn't count as paraphernalia.

It's totally legal. You curb on their rights, yours can be too.

The website sells paraphernalia. It sells t-shirts with swastikas and other such nonsense.
Quote by supersac
ive won an argument with a girl but then i still lost
Quote by rgrockr
I guess that's why my ass was sore when I woke up this morning.

It is now my goal to get skylerjames13 to BURN OUT
Every thread I touch closes
I ENJOY SKAAAAAAA
isn't the law depending on teh state you're living in?
anyway, in Germany, that's forbidden for sure.

but the servers aren't in Germany anyway
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
freedom of speech, no matter what you do there will be 100 people who hate you so get used to it.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by daytripper75
Not illegal. Well, not here anyway. I believe it is illegal to openly display Nazi symbols of any sort in Germany.

yup, sure is.
Inciting hatred against any 'indentifiable group' is illegal according to the canadian criminal code.

R v Keegstra was the precedent setting case for this, and I believe Keegstra was a school teacher who would give anti jewish statements in lessons, and was a nazi. He got blacklisted from teaching and I think went to jail if I remember correctly. Technically it could be considered illegal, since if I remember correctly it's any sort of public statement that incites hatred or advocates genocide. If that site has any sort of message on their site associated with the ideals of Hitler then they certainly fall under this, so illegal?
a few guys at my school got themselves a flag from the third reich, that black white red one (I'm not looking up the correct english terms here).

Some teacher called the police and they got an offical warning
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Inciting hatred against any 'indentifiable group' is illegal according to the canadian criminal code.

R v Keegstra was the precedent setting case for this, and I believe Keegstra was a school teacher who would give anti jewish statements in lessons, and was a nazi. He got blacklisted from teaching and I think went to jail if I remember correctly. Technically it could be considered illegal, since if I remember correctly it's any sort of public statement that incites hatred or advocates genocide. If that site has any sort of message on their site associated with the ideals of Hitler then they certainly fall under this, so illegal?

from what I saw on that page, there are no anti-anything slogans only pro-white slogans. It might be a pedantic difference to most of us but any lawyer will argue that blocking the sale of these things would be an infringement of any freedom of speech provisions that country has.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
from what I saw on that page, there are no anti-anything slogans only pro-white slogans. It might be a pedantic difference to most of us but any lawyer will argue that blocking the sale of these things would be an infringement of any freedom of speech provisions that country has.

I didn't actually check the site, I just made an inference based on the op saying it's "openly threatening".

Just checked, and I didn't notice anything on the site itself, so you are definately right there. However, I did notice a mailing list and a radio. If they were saying anything anti - whatever in either of those, which I bet they are, they'd be screwed. I'm not going to actually subscribe to the mailing list or listen to their radio, so I'll just make an educated guess there with the whole inciting hatred thing.
Quote by smartalec007

Why? Because they are German?
Quote by daytripper75
Why? Because they are German?

they actually had a huge lawsuit against them a couple of years back, people were claiming them to be nazi's and writing white-supremecist songs.

Which of course is utter bullshit, even if they do kinda bank on the typical "Hitler"-esque style of singing.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

Because it is. It's a disgusting sentiment, but it is freedom of speech.
checked a few other pages on their site (the FAQ and the 'why buy from us' page)and whilst there's stuff that hints at racism it's worded in a way that makes it's meaning less than obvious.

" To brag that something is made in the USA or the UK is to say its made by mestizos, vietnamese or paki's and furthermore given a choice it is better to pay non Whites in their native country to make clothing than money to a company in the USA that will only import non White labor, crime and everything that comes with it."

that last bit seems dodgy at first glance but the way they've listed crime separately means they can claim that it's separate and distinct from non white labor and the 'everything that comes with it' applies to crime rather than the labour.

they know what they're doing.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by smartalec007

I really hope you're not implying that all Germans are Nazis. Besides, even if you aren't Rammstein don't support Nazi ideology. It would be worse if you were listening to some NSBM or shit like that.
Quote by CoreysMonster
they actually had a huge lawsuit against them a couple of years back, people were claiming them to be nazi's and writing white-supremecist songs.

Which of course is utter bullshit, even if they do kinda bank on the typical "Hitler"-esque style of singing.

Yeah I know all about it.

That's why I was asking him. Because people still say that their music is 'Nazi' music, which is just stupid.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
checked a few other pages on their site (the FAQ and the 'why buy from us' page)and whilst there's stuff that hints at racism it's worded in a way that makes it's meaning less than obvious.

" To brag that something is made in the USA or the UK is to say its made by mestizos, vietnamese or paki's and furthermore given a choice it is better to pay non Whites in their native country to make clothing than money to a company in the USA that will only import non White labor, crime and everything that comes with it."

that last bit seems dodgy at first glance but the way they've listed crime separately means they can claim that it's separate and distinct from non white labor and the 'everything that comes with it' applies to crime rather than the labour.

yeah, but anyone with two braincells knows it's bullshit.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

Can you check out their radio they apparently have for me? My mum just walked in on me looking through the site and it was rather ackward.
nah, I'm not going to listen to the radio. It's nearly 2am here and it's pointless anyway, they can easily claim that the views broadcast on the radio do not necessarily reflect the views of the website blah blah (it's an external feed).

Quote by element4433
Quote by thefunk
So in History today, my teacher brought up a bunch of websites that still promote Nazism and are openly threatening. So I was wondering how legal can this really be? Can't the authorities do something about it?

Here's the only one whos name I remember- http://aryanwear.com/

Nope, and they shouldn't. Unless there seems to be a real risk of someone going and attacking someone, there's no reason authorities should care.
There`s still free speech and free trade

I think Nazi ideals and racism in general, especially during these times, are too silly, but if Nazis want to make clothing, they should be allowed to. Not like Nazi outfitters have a huge market to appeal to these days, anyways :O
Quote by Outerspacegrass
this thread made me think of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.....

"Should we just take his uniform like that?"

"Fuck that old bitch, he's going to hell!"

Eine lustige Tatsache: America is pretty much the only place in the world that has little to no laws on the production, distribution, or purchase of Mein Kampf.
Quote by thewho65
"Should we just take his uniform like that?"

"Fuck that old bitch, he's going to hell!"

Eine lustige Tatsache: America is pretty much the only place in the world that has little to no laws on the production, distribution, or purchase of Mein Kampf.

Really? My history teacher used to have a copy until another pupil borrowed it and never gave it back. I thought it was freely available in most places, even Germany.
Edit:
After a quick googling, it seems most places are okay with it, printing is illegal in Germany but possession and trading of it is fine, but it's completely illegal in Austria.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Last edited by sg255 at May 26, 2010,
Quote by piratemetalhead
There`s still free speech

Reasonable limits. Precedent has also been set in the R v Keegstra case for inciting hatred/advocating genocide, which these groups tend to do.

If they were openly inciting hatred, it would be illegal. However, in this case it isn't because the site has been careful with their wording and kept things for the most part pro-white rather than anti-whatever.
Quote by sg255
Really? My history teacher used to have a copy until another pupil borrowed it and never gave it back. I thought it was freely available in most places, even Germany.

I believe in places like Austria it is close to being outright-banned, and in China is available only in academic settings.
Quote by zzzaaaccc
I wonder what would happen if a kid came to school in full SS uniform. It would make the news at the least and spark a thread or two on the pit I bet.

Kid down in Jersey got suspended for wearing a shirt with a swastika on it couple years back.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Kid down in Jersey got suspended for wearing a shirt with a swastika on it couple years back.

People wear confederate flags around my town and to my old high school all the time without fuss.

Isn't this essentially the same thing?
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Page 1 of 5