The day has finally come. After searching for the right deal and going back and forth over the style I want, my new LP is now actually mine.

First some pics from the unpacking:

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/5876/g03y.jpg[/imh]

The first question you have to ask when buying an LP? Is it real?

---

I'm too into playing it right now to include a full review, but I will give it a basic one.

This guitar is ridiculously warm, sounds so beautiful. Feels right in your hands, and even though it is light weight, the wood is quality and the tone does not suffer not at all.

From factory it came almost perfectly in tune, and the action is set up very nicely for down low play. The humbuckers are wonderful, clean and dirty when you need it. The hardware is top notch. The tuners are of obvious Gibson quality, and the new nob styles are so much easier to read and use.

The finish is flawless, it shines so much more than pictures can do justice. All the gold hardware is beautifully polished.

You could not regret buying this guitar, even if you wanted to.

Dear Strat:

I am sorry. We had some great times. I found a new love.

No Longer Forever Yours,

Me.
Michael
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio (Ebony w/ Gold)
Peavy Rage 158 Practice Amp
/salute

Grats! HNGD!
I've heard a lot of dodgy things about new Gibsons, but that looks top notch!

Clips in the future?
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
lol, 2 pix of the box, 1 of the case, 1 of the flyer and only 1 blurry shot of the actual guitar?

anyway great guitar man, my dad has one, he got the fireburst, i think i like the black better tho. i love just powering thru chords on these LP's, they just have a fabulous sustain and solidity to them.
Yeah unfortunately my camera's flash blows, so the guitar pics come out crap and out of focus because I have to stand back. I will get a better one up.
Michael

Michael
You know where the factory is? Cause I have an uncle (or something) named Mike Hardin that works in music stuff... That'd be kinda weird if that was him...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
You know where the factory is? Cause I have an uncle (or something) named Mike Hardin that works in music stuff... That'd be kinda weird if that was him...

Im positive all Gibson Les Pauls are made in Nashville unless theyre custom shop, then theyre made in Memphis. I MIGHT be wrong, but I lived in Nashville, and have visited the shop many times, so id be highly surprised if im wrong.

But all the Flooding scares me. The whole shop was ruined along with the rest of the mall. I wonder what will happen
Quote by nickdohle
Im positive all Gibson Les Pauls are made in Nashville unless theyre custom shop, then theyre made in Memphis. I MIGHT be wrong, but I lived in Nashville, and have visited the shop many times, so id be highly surprised if im wrong.

But all the Flooding scares me. The whole shop was ruined along with the rest of the mall. I wonder what will happen

I know he lives up around there...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
It's made in Nashville.
Michael
yummy. im lovin the gold hardware on black finish. i wish the esp/ltd EC series were glossy black this like and not that satin finish.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by SYLrules88
yummy. im lovin the gold hardware on black finish. i wish the esp/ltd EC series were glossy black this like and not that satin finish.

They make both things... And yes, I think gloss black looks better, if it wasn't for how easy fingerprints and dirt shows on it...
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.