So a couple buddies and I are putting a band together, and we're having a bit of trouble finding a bassist. Does anyone have any tips on how to find one and where to look? There seems to be a shortage on them in the world today.
Well first of all you should get a base of operations.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Grab a homeless beggar and thrust (metaphorically) a bass into his hands.

Lock him in your cellar (you can do rotations if he's a bit gross) and stick him in front of some of those cheap learning book thingies.

Nah but seriously : advertise?
Quote by genghisgandhi
Put a Rush album in a bear trap. Should catch one in a matter of minutes.

Just use the power of the internet. Craigslist, facebook, myspace, etc.

If you go to high school just ask people if they know of anyone.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by genghisgandhi

Be careful, you might end up with Fassa as your bassist.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Be careful, you might end up with Fassa as your bassist.

Fassa doesn't play bass. It plays pretend.
Or if you live in Manchester UK then you've found one, i highly doubt this though
Quote by cornmancer
In hell they make you play Mario Kart for all eternity. Every race you almost win, but then get triple blue shelled 5 feet from the finish line and get forced to watch everyone pass you.

XBL: FOOmike25

It's Your Fudging Nightmare
Quote by JacobTheMe
Fassa doesn't play bass. It plays pretend.

It doesn't matter. She'll still go for it.
Bassists are everywhere because bass is awesome

Just open your eyes and look around
The Bassist, or bassistus animaligus is a very timid and rare creature. A close relative of the much more abundant Guitarist, or guitaristus loudus, the Bassist tends to live alone or in small groups, and is usually nocturnal. Extremely rare in nature, the best places to search for a bassist are near back exits of clubs and in the corners of pictures. In extremely rare cases they have been known to emit low grumbling noises, although most observers report that they cannot hear anything.
break into a zoo and steal a chimp. train the chimp to play bass; should take a week at most. There is your bassist and your hook.

secret serious answer : try craigslist
sɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɥʇıʍ poob ʇou ɯı uʍop ǝpısdn sıɥʇ sı ʎɥʍ pob ɥo
Quote by samick007
The Bassist, or bassistus animaligus is a very timid and rare creature. A close relative of the much more abundant Guitarist, or guitaristus loudus, the Bassist tends to live alone or in small groups, and is usually nocturnal. Extremely rare in nature, the best places to search for a bassist are near back exits of clubs and in the corners of pictures. In extremely rare cases they have been known to emit low grumbling noises, although most observers report that they cannot hear anything.

thats great.

My band is also having trouble finding a bassist. there certainly is a shortage of them.
Last.fm

"Music is a language of emotion. It informs our words with FEELING, and doesn't need to be learned.. It's visceral and innate" - Jason Silva
Suicide hotlines?

... that jokes not in bad taste right?
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Suicide hotlines?

... that jokes not in bad taste right?

not as bad of a taste a bassist has in music

sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Quote by genghisgandhi

Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter
Oh come on, nobody liked my pun? I thought it was pretty clever!

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Heres what you post on Craigslist or whatever find a band mate site:

Wanted: Bass Player or Guitarist willing to become a loser and play bass
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
bass players you seek? Well first you must go on an epic journey.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
You talk about bassists like they're pokemon and there's certain places you can go to catch them more frequently.

I lol'd.
Find a guitarist. Then lop off his pinky finger, detune his guitar, and remove the top two strings. Then, hand him enough Yager to put him in a light coma. He won't know what happened, where he is, and why he's missing a finger... But he'll KNOW he's a bassist.
Lurk outside the bass room in GuitarCenter with your friends and take the first person that walks in.
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
Get a guitarist and tell him he's going to be downgraded to bass. So he gets no solos and and can't go higher then 3.
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Quote by cho0onger
Oh come on, nobody liked my pun? I thought it was pretty clever!

It would've been better if you said "Bass of Operations"
hue
I'd play bass for you, but I live too far away.

Put an ad in the newspaper? Or send a message out on myface or facetwit, mytwat, whatever the hell it is you people use these days.
Sail upon the open skies
Look under buses.

Oh yeah I went there.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Quote by samick007

my bassist actually sporadically makes wierd grumbling noises sometimes...
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.