So, I'm from Brazil and I'm interested in buying a guitar from Ebay. I could ask a local shop to bring it here (they would get it straight from Fender), but it would be twice as expensive.

I have no idea of where I should start (after collecting the money, of course). I've already bought stuff from the internet, but all from local websites.

All I know is that I'll have to get a PayPal account, but what then? Will I have to buy dollars, deposit them into this account and then negociate with the Ebay seller? Has anybody here bought stuff from Ebay from outside of the seller's country? Is it safe?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Seamonkey has my money!

Quote by shattamakar
My dog came into my room while I was fapping.
I couldn't look Wolfie in the eye for a week.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Try to find a place near you that will put in the order for you. There's one by me that's been getting good business for a while now.

You mean like a shop that'll take care of everything for me?
Seamonkey has my money!

Quote by shattamakar
Paypal hooks up directly with your credit card (last time i checked no debit cards). You don't need to add any money because it bills your credit card company directly.

As for the safety of buying from ebay it is usually 99% safe if you follow the right steps.
IMPORTANT: What ever your buying make SURE it is exactly what you want, beware of copies, if in doubt contact seller. SAVE ALL TRANSACTION DATA, hard and digital copies in case of disputes.
Before you buy something check the seller's feedback, if it is very high and positive most likely he/she is a trusted seller. I have bought many things from ebay outside of Canada and a couple things overseas, I've never had a problem.

MAKE SURE THE SELLER SHIPS TO YOUR COUNTRY.

(if possible ask for shipping insurance, the extra dollars make a huge difference if something goes wrong.)

Hope this helps
Quote by Ramaneek
Paypal hooks up directly with your credit card (last time i checked no debit cards). You don't need to add any money because it bills your credit card company directly.

As for the safety of buying from ebay it is usually 99% safe if you follow the right steps.
IMPORTANT: What ever your buying make SURE it is exactly what you want, beware of copies, if in doubt contact seller. SAVE ALL TRANSACTION DATA, hard and digital copies in case of disputes.
Before you buy something check the seller's feedback, if it is very high and positive most likely he/she is a trusted seller. I have bought many things from ebay outside of Canada and a couple things overseas, I've never had a problem.

MAKE SURE THE SELLER SHIPS TO YOUR COUNTRY.

(if possible ask for shipping insurance, the extra dollars make a huge difference if something goes wrong.)

Hope this helps

Ooh, thanks mad for the tips!

Quote by genghisgandhi
The place near me, you have to give them a little extra, and they'll order it for you, then give it to you were it arrives. They also sell stuff.

Hmm, I see. I'll try and find one of these places. I really don't want to bother about the burocratic part of it, and I don't care about spending a bit more.

Thanks!
Seamonkey has my money!

Quote by shattamakar