Ok people, I'm pretty new to recording hardware....basically i need a usb audio interface , but there is so many different kinds i don't know which is for me.....I want to be able to record vocals and guitar.........i already have a Shure sm57 mic at the moment aswell. Do I need some kind of mixer aswell?? I Have a budget of around £150 sterling. and would prefer to order from this site: www.gak.co.uk ...just because its where I buy all my stuff from.

Cheers!
Last edited by gurg06 at May 26, 2010,
Quote by gurg06
Ok people, I'm pretty new to recording hardware....basically i need a usb audio interface , but there is so many different kinds i don't know which is for me.....I want to be able to record vocals and guitar.........i already have a Shure sm57 mic at the moment aswell. Do I need some kind of mixer aswell?? I Have a budget of around £150 sterling. and would prefer to order from this site: www.gak.co.uk ...just because its where I buy all my stuff from.

Cheers!

yes you can run a mic into that mixer...it's got a USB output meaning it's somewhat of an audio interface built in.

I like the M-Audio products best like the Fast Track MKII

As stated in a later post, research how to record and what to get before buying. See my sig links for useful sites.
I agree with Moody, no need for me to say more
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Also check out the Line 6 UX2 - they make great hardware and the Pod Farm Amp Modeling software and plug-in is amazing stuff - a whole lotta fun - it's every bit as good as the Commercial big-guns (Guitar Rig, Amplitube, etc) IMO. The software alone is worth the $$$ and the hardware is sweet.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by strangedogs
it's every bit as good as the Commercial big-guns (Guitar Rig, Amplitube, etc) IMO.

Last I checked, Line 6 was a pretty major commercial music company who has been doing amp modeling and effects modeling way before Guitar Rig or Amplitube hit the market. Even then, before Line 6 did Pod Farm, they did Amp Farm (a TDM Plugin for Pro Tools HD).

Its just recently that they did Pod Farm. To throw my 2 cents in there as well, Pod Farm sounds way better than Guitar Rig and Amplitube (Amplitube probably being the worst amp sim ever made)

/end rant
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Hey man check out tweakheadz.com and read the guides it is pretty comprehensive and will get you started, but use reaper as your sequencer its free and great.
Last edited by Johnikker at May 27, 2010,