hey so I was wondering if Acoustic is a good brand of amps. I wanna know what kind of sound i can get with one of these and also which bass players use theme

I used the search bar but I dint find what I am looking for
from what I've gathered acoustic is a very good mid level amp. they are fairly reliable and loud.

The acoustic B200 is (again from what I've heard) a very versitile amp. It gets a good rep around here and personally its on the top of my list for prospective amps.

As far as notable bassist go theres john paul jones, but the company has been purchased by a new company and raised from the dead and really should be looked at as a new entity. The reason most pros don't use it is becasue there are bigger and better things out there. but for the money they are definately nice.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Very good for the price. Not as good as some amps like Markbass or Ampeg but it's good for the money.
Acoustic is ok. They're amps are not particularly stellar in any aspect, nor are they bad in any aspect. They're fairly reliable, but the biggest selling point is that they're dirt cheap, and you can get a lot more power then similarly priced amps.

Quote by the_perdestrian
but the company has been purchased by a new company and raised from the dead and really should be looked at as a new entity.

Correct. Acoustic is no longer the brand it once was. Now it's Guitar Center's in-house brand.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
If you're buying from Guitar Center/Musicians friend (only place they're sold AFAIK), then you should also look at Kustom. For a little bit more, they offer amps with very similar power and features to Acoustic's offerings, but with better build quality. (and looks, IMO)

Not saying you should avoid Acoustic or anything...just throwing that out there.

Depending on your budget, Peavey and Carvin are also priced very competitively.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at May 27, 2010,
From what I've figured after owning one acoustic amp for over a year and another one for 5 months, they're very clean, they're pretty loud, they're very strong, and not too expensive.