As a project I'm going to take apart my j reynolds electric, strat style guitar that I got for free. This is just going to be to learn my way around the guitar, and what it's like. But I want to try painting it too! What kind of things do I need to do a custom paint job? Different ways that aren't super expesive. And how do I do it. Thanks all!
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers
'91 Stratocaster, MIM....

Line Six Flextone II 60 watt amp
You can get a pretty decent mix with a little bit of flour, water, salt and some colorant. Oh, and for the glossy thing, add a little bit of lemon juice!
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Ibanez VBT700
Ibanez SZ320
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Crafter D8/N
Peavey Transtube Bandit 112
Peavey Grind Bass 5 BXP NTB
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby
Quote by /-Vince-\
You can get a pretty decent mix with a little bit of flour, water, salt and some colorant. Oh, and for the glossy thing, add a little bit of lemon juice!

HA!
If you want even more glossy, you could put an egg wash coating and bake it in the over at 350 degrees for 2 minutes
What is this so called..... Signature?
Quote by colt34
As a project I'm going to take apart my j reynolds electric, strat style guitar that I got for free. This is just going to be to learn my way around the guitar, and what it's like. But I want to try painting it too! What kind of things do I need to do a custom paint job? Different ways that aren't super expesive. And how do I do it. Thanks all!

You could start by going HERE and maybe post your question, but have a read through the last 20 pages or something and see if anything pops up.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!