I was wondering how some of the drum programs like "Drum kit from Hell", etc. sound. In your opinion, which one is the easiest to use.

I play metal and am interested in a drum simulator.
Check out Meshuggah and Periphery. Both bands program their albums with drumkit from hell.
The best by far is Steven Slate Drums. Check em out
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
Krenfro213 is right. Toontrack makes the best MIDI electronic drumkits.
Check out my recordings, that is the "Drumkit From Hell"
and Meshuggah did actually record an entire Cd using this electronic kit.
Their website has some sick videos on it showing how they made it.
Drumkit From Hell, EZDrummer and a few others in the cheap range I'd stay away from no matter who uses it. I popped up a Meshuggah vid and you can tell its a really bad drum sim. The samples are terrible sounding, EZDrummer is one of the harder ones to mix with and its not very processor friendly

Addictive Drums is my kit of choice. Its very easy to use and within 30 seconds, you can have an amazing sounding kit. Superior Drummer would be the 2nd choice but its a little harder to use.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
Drumkit From Hell, EZDrummer and a few others in the cheap range I'd stay away from no matter who uses it. I popped up a Meshuggah vid and you can tell its a really bad drum sim. The samples are terrible sounding, EZDrummer is one of the harder ones to mix with and its not very processor friendly

Addictive Drums is my kit of choice. Its very easy to use and within 30 seconds, you can have an amazing sounding kit. Superior Drummer would be the 2nd choice but its a little harder to use.

I think addictive drums is easier to get an instant satisfaction sound, but you can do so much more with Superior 2.0. If you know how and when to blend mics and such, get superior, but by the sound of TS' post, just get addictive drums. Easier to use and instant satisfaction
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
Wait I'm hearing superior with the metal foundry expansion is better than addictive any thoughts?
Quote by Johnikker
Wait I'm hearing superior with the metal foundry expansion is better than addictive any thoughts?

What Tig Bitties said pretty much. Addictive is the "Slap a preset to get a good sound that will work with most songs" whereas Superior is the "Work at it a little bit but get a great sound".

Its all going to come down to personal preference on any drum software though.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by Johnikker

well the sound alot of people are using currently is superior blended with the steven slate samples. But thats alot of cash for both. I would say do AD and see what your thoughts are. Metal expansion sound like shit compared to the stock avatar kit IMO
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
Superior Drummer 2 sounds great.
IMO, it's the best out there right now. Although FXpansion - BFD2 isn't far behind on the quality either.

See some of my youtube drum covers for samples of Superior Drummer 2:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SonicOrbStudios#grid/user/559D4A6FE309757D
Last edited by moody07747 at May 28, 2010,
Most of the programs being mentioned (EZdrummer, DFH, Addictive) are just used as drum placeholders for people to play guitar over. Superior 2.0 is great for drum programming, however, for just replacement, I would take SSD over pretty much everything out there.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.