What is the best guitar for metalcore like killswitch engage, all that remains, as i lay dying and unearth all for under 1000 bucks..

theres the schecter hellraiser..but kinda overpriced for what your getting..imo cause ive never played one..(considering u can get an esp with emgs and a string thru body for 400 instead of 900

there is the ibanez iceman...kind of cool looking

dean mls...always have been a personal favorite cosmetically..not sure of quality and price(dont want razorback because i dont favor signature guitars dont ask its just a pet peeve)

epiphone les paul custom...classic guitar and suits a lot of playing styles

gibson flying v..not sure if for metalcore but cool guitar for rock

give me some more ideas i need to get rid of my low end esp
King of Shred

Gear:
ESP LTD F-500
Takemine G-340 Acoustic
Ibanez SR505
Ibanez GSR200
Line 6 Spider III 75
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
Laney GS412LA Cab
Peavey VK100
I wouldn't call a guitar "metalcore" you could play metal with a tele i couldn't care and i'd probably prefer it since it would look better than half of those razorback style guitars

Pick up something you like the look off imo

You'll more what a choice of what pickups and what wood it's made out of for the tone tho

Esp, Jackson, LTD (same as esp) make pretty good metal guitars
I've got an Ibanez RG, it bleeds metal. As long as you know how to correcty set up a floyd, you should have no problem with any of their trem systems. Ive heard bad things, but i've set up their trems properly, and they work great!
Joe Satriani isn't a man, but a god.
Quote by shredmachine7x
What is the best guitar for metalcore like killswitch engage, all that remains, as i lay dying and unearth all for under 1000 bucks..

theres the schecter hellraiser..but kinda overpriced for what your getting..imo cause ive never played one..(considering u can get an esp with emgs and a string thru body for 400 instead of 900

there is the ibanez iceman...kind of cool looking

dean mls...always have been a personal favorite cosmetically..not sure of quality and price(dont want razorback because i dont favor signature guitars dont ask its just a pet peeve)

epiphone les paul custom...classic guitar and suits a lot of playing styles

gibson flying v..not sure if for metalcore but cool guitar for rock

give me some more ideas i need to get rid of my low end esp

schecter is very good milage for your money. with almost any guitar a $900 guitar is going to be better than a $400, to a point you get what you pay for. a ESP 1000 series would be much more comparable to a schecter.

IMHO Dean is very bad milage for you money. every time i have looked at getting a Dean, i have found at least one guitar that either had better features or quality for LESS money, and bought that one.

you really need to get out and play some of these guitars before you buy one.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I play hardcore Death Metal on a LP with stock Humbuckers - sounds wicked to me. Any decent Ax with decent pickups (I don't recommend single coils) should yield good results. I just went to Guitar Center and tried out a couple of Ibanez models I really like too though.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by Arterial
did you just call a schecter hellraiser overpriced?

you....get out of here.

what he said

very good quality for the price
until i have an idea NO SIG!
Gear:
Schecter c-1 Hellraiser
Yamaha Pacifica 112j
Fender frontman 25r
Korg AX10G
Digitech Grunge
some old zoom muli effect

yes im a lefty
Buy an Ibanez RGT6EXFX.... I'm not joking its abosolutely perfect for metalcore.
I know I'm a HUGE KsE fan. Also make sure when you buy your guitar you buy 12 gauge strings or Drop C IS gonna be pretty difficult
What is this so called..... Signature?
Quote by DeadSoloist
Buy an Ibanez RGT6EXFX.... I'm not joking its abosolutely perfect for metalcore.
I know I'm a HUGE KsE fan. Also make sure when you buy your guitar you buy 12 gauge strings or Drop C IS gonna be pretty difficult

I use 11-54 strings and the lowest I can go to is Drop G. Drop C feels fine on gauge 11.
Quote by AcousticMirror
you're gonna umm need a new amp to play...well.
anything.

? he has a valveking? will need boosting but can do metalcore
:S
basically any guitar that has humbuckers can do metalcore well ESP is a very good area to look and ibanez im not so keen on the RG series S series is more up my street
most of your guitars could do metal.
a F-500 is a pretty decent guitar, don't see why you're shopping around for a guitar.

Focus on the amp, theres some nice stuff you can get for under $1k i think.
Ummmm...the c-1 Hellraiser is pretty much the best $1000 metal guitar IMO.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
It's up to you what you want to play.

"Generally" when it comes to playing ''metalcore'' we want slim necks, and high output pickups for all the techy stuff.

Can't complain about Schecter, they're certainly not over priced. They're big bodied and STRONG, meaning you won't worry about breaking it on tour. So they're very durable. It all comes down to personal preference.

I have a Bareknuckle NailBomb Bridge pickup and an DiMarzio Evo in my Peavey V-Type EXP. Gives me a lot of versatility between playing Metal to everything else.

Again, it's down to you.
You already have a bunch of guitars.

What don't you like about them?

If you want to improve your tone, what about getting a new amp?
A used Peavey 6505 would be great for metalcore.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
First off, based on the gear you have listed in your sig you're going to want a new amp before you even think about getting a new guitar since you seem to want a new guitar for tonal purposes.

Second, try posting in the right section next time.

*Reported*
Quote by Arterial
did you just call a schecter hellraiser overpriced?

you....get out of here.

+1

Racist.. The Hellraiser is very good. Ibanez Iceman and Ibanez DTT700 are good to.
Last edited by MetalMonsterzzz at May 27, 2010,
Quote by strangedogs
I play hardcore Death Metal on a LP with stock Humbuckers - sounds wicked to me. Any decent Ax with decent pickups (I don't recommend single coils) should yield good results. I just went to Guitar Center and tried out a couple of Ibanez models I really like too though.

the 498t on my Les Paul screams through my valveking, i have actually grown to prefer that over EMG's and JB's.

all you need for the valve king is an EQ (i prefer 10 bands), and a tubescreamer (i prefer the 808's). i also sometimes will add a BBE sonic maximizer, but that really isnt all that necessary.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by i_am_metalhead
First off, based on the gear you have listed in your sig you're going to want a new amp before you even think about getting a new guitar since you seem to want a new guitar for tonal purposes.

Agreed.
I'd get a new amp especially for metalcore, something like a Peavey 6505+.

Metalcore in a Spider or a Valveking doesn't work for me.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Play a guitar you like the feel and look and sound of. Flying V? Rob Flynn uses one. Lots of metal bands use LP's. Schecter are not overpriced in my own humble opinion.
But like I said, try out guitars THEN ask for advice, not the other way round. Go to a music shop, look around, try loads of different guitars. Cosmetically it doesn't matter what the guitar looks like as long as you like it.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

guys i like my amp perfectly the way it is...i modded the hell out of it and it sounds the way i want it to...and id rather not sacrifice the cleans for a 6505 because metalcore or metal in general is not all i play...and the reason i think schecter hellraisers r overpriced is because they r a string through guitar with emgs and u can get that in a esp 400 series for half the price but thats just an opinion what do i know
King of Shred

Gear:
ESP LTD F-500
Takemine G-340 Acoustic
Ibanez SR505
Ibanez GSR200
Line 6 Spider III 75
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
Laney GS412LA Cab
Peavey VK100
Quote by shredmachine7x
guys i like my amp perfectly the way it is...i modded the hell out of it and it sounds the way i want it to...and id rather not sacrifice the cleans for a 6505 because metalcore or metal in general is not all i play...and the reason i think schecter hellraisers r overpriced is because they r a string through guitar with emgs and u can get that in a esp 400 series for half the price but thats just an opinion what do i know

sure... because the EMGs and string thru are the only things that matter on guitars. so that means zakk wyldes $3XXX signature gibson is no different than the ESP-400 series too? ya know, its string through and its got EMG's. i mean quality of craftsmenship like fretwork, action, fit, and finish dont really matter.

you are coming here asking for advice, we are giving you advice. you obviously have your own opions formed and dont need to take ours. you can choose not to take it, and you don't have to, but dont knock us for trying to help you with your sarcastic " but thats just an opinion what do i know" comment.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
ok well i dont know the quality of a schecter hellraiser for ive never played one...so no need to yell at me and i asked u a question and saw no difference in the specs of the esp and schecter so u could have not got angry like seriously it ug calm down
King of Shred

Gear:
ESP LTD F-500
Takemine G-340 Acoustic
Ibanez SR505
Ibanez GSR200
Line 6 Spider III 75
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
Laney GS412LA Cab
Peavey VK100
Quote by shredmachine7x
ok well i dont know the quality of a schecter hellraiser for ive never played one...so no need to yell at me and i asked u a question and saw no difference in the specs of the esp and schecter so u could have not got angry like seriously it ug calm down

Noone yelled at you. He calmly explained his point.

But from a personal point of view, i can understand it.

I'm sick of people coming here with a preconception, or dead-set in buying a specific thing, and still asking for advice.
Only to receive the well-intentioned advice, and ending up saying "ok, i'm gonna go with _____ anyway".
Lately, it's happening more and more often, and it makes me sick.

If you already made up your mind about something, or decided what you're going to buy, don't come to UG waste our time.

"How does this apply to me?", you're thinking?
Well, you said:
Quote by shredmachine7x
and the reason i think schecter hellraisers r overpriced is because they r a string through guitar with emgs and u can get that in a esp 400 series for half the price but thats just an opinion what do i know

(Which screams of arrogance and sarcasm, at least to me, but that's just MY opinion... And what do i know? )

Only to admit, when corrected, that
Quote by shredmachine7x
ok well i dont know the quality of a schecter hellraiser for ive never played one...

If you don't know or haven't tried something, don't spread your preconceptions and misinformation as a statement.

/rant
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112