Page 1 of 8
Which kind of cliques or stereotypes actually frustrate you? Instead of just saying something like "Emoz cuz th3y r faggets!!!", try giving legitimate reasons.

While we are at it, which group would you consider yourself and what do you think other people honestly think about it?

Also feel free to post stories of these groups and the vexations that they have caused.

As for me, punks. Don't get me wrong, some of them are nice, civilized, and intelligent people. However really...

A lot of the younger punks (such as college or high school) are incredibly rude, obnoxious, and over-confident. A bunch of them where I live constantly threaten and attack random people, for the littlest things.

And seriously, if you don't care what people think of you so much then why do you have to TRY and dress as "non-conformist" as you can? Isn't the whole point of it being proud of your youth and being yourself? There shouldn't be a dress code for individuality.

Not to mention a lot of them are just pissed off at absolutely nothing. One of my old bandmates was "punk" and he wrote "political" songs about absolutely nothing. Such as currency being bad or censorship being bad. When I asked him why, he just got angry at me and called me a "******!".

Once again, I am only generalizing from my experiences and of course there are some great blokes out there who consider themselves "punk." Not to mention some of the music isn't bad either.

Now I personally try to avoid the cliques, but I would honestly categorize myself as a "hipster" I guess. I enjoy the cliche indie bands and stuff. I also can't help but like the "fashion". However, I do criticize the other "indie kids" just because they can't escape the mindset that if more than 5 people like it then its "too mainstream" or whatever. If its good, then its fine by me.
Gangstas/Niggas

And I'm not saying that to be racist, you know what I mean.
Stoners, they always ask me for a hit.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
The fucking stoners I hang out with, we all get it, pot is pretty nifty.
Quote by bendystraw
The fucking stoners I hang out with, we all get it, pot is pretty nifty.

Oh, and this too.

I have a friend who CONSTANTLY is asking me "Dude, want to try some pot?" "Dude, why won't you try some pot?" "Dude, would you really try some pot?"

Dude, I told you 500 times, I have lung problems, I can't smoke things. I'll eat some of those brownies, I'll take some shrooms, BUT I CAN'T SMOKE THINGS, DAMMIT!
I absolutely hate rednecks. Scene kids are annoying as well, but not as bad as hipsters/collegefags in my town. They are my most hatewd behind rednecks. And it sucks, because I like a lot of their music .

Rednecks for obvious reasons. Hipsters because of their ego complex, mostly awful music, elitism, and ability to ruin entire establishments by merely stepping foot in it
Last edited by due 07 at May 26, 2010,
I don't usually judge people by stereotypes, but I do have one discrimination. The douche jock prep kids. They walk around thinking they're tough shit with their "swag" on 10. I can't fucking stand them.

"Look at me, I'll kick your ass with my TapOut shirt ololol!!1!. I'll box your ass!"

"You don't play football, you're automatically a loser olol, now hold my dick while I piss."

Now that's just the discrimination I use, I pretty much dislike everyone though, and most are within reason.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Ignorant forums rats...We find a lot of them here!
(not towards you TS)
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Ibanez VBT700
Ibanez SZ320
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Crafter D8/N
Peavey Transtube Bandit 112
Peavey Grind Bass 5 BXP NTB
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby
Those don't sound like the sort of punks I know (sweet, kind folk who occasionally get arrested for stabbing a nazi)...

I'll add a +1 to the sort of stoner who can't live in the waking world unless they're high. Stereotypes like that don't do the reputations of us casual pot smokers any good at all.
Quote by MangoStarr
homosexual stereotypes.. the flamboyant ones

This also.

There is nothing wrong with a bit of feminine quality, I honestly think the world would be better if people could express it a bit more but there is a limit.

Sexuality doesn't make personality.
Quote by crazy8rgood
Gangstas/Niggas

And I'm not saying that to be racist, you know what I mean.

WTF dude xD I know what you sayin but it was still funny
Jocks.

Arrogant. Idiotic. Judgemental. Douchy. Just all around dicks.

I have yet to find more than about 5 jocks who don't fit this bill.
Quote by rmr024
Jocks.

And, also, this.
Metalheads: Many of them are really really nice people. But then the topic of music comes up... and they get violently defensive of their own music/genre, they start believing that metal is the only genre worthy of being the basis of a legitimate religion. Then, I start talking about my own favorite metal artists (I know a lot of them, I am not one of those people who only knows about Metallica, Maiden, etc.) and they start rolling their eyes because they consider me a "poser" because I don't dress the part and that I don't listen to metal EXCLUSIVELY. Not to mention a LOT of metalheads are looking for reasons to get pissed off, which is extremely annoying.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by rmr024
Jocks.

I found that the "alternative" sports often have some pretty nice athletes. Such as soccer, track, tennis etc.

Besides from that I actually get along with a few football guys. I actually was talking with one while donating blood a couple months back. He was absolutely terrified. (Imagine a 300lb+ titan of pure muscle being comforted by a tiny little 107lb boy.)
I've always though of stereotypes as exaggerations of the truth. So they don't really bother me, because it MIGHT be true. Not always, of course, but they had to come from somewhere, right? But I abssolutely HATE it when somebody tries to fit the sterotypical image of something. I'll use your example, TS: punks. You got that description of some of them spot-on. I don't wanna go and call myself a punk, but yeah, I listen to alot of punk music, and I guess I have my own opinions on things that may differ from others. But I'm not running around with a mohawk and a leather jacket with ripped jeans, trying to hate on everything and show people how "punk" I am. I'll do my thing, you do yours.

EDIT: But one sterotype that really bothers me, or maybe I should say disappoints me, or saddens me, would be the preps. I feel like alot of them are just doing it to fit in, even if it's not what they really want to do, and they keep telling themselves that what they are, and eventually they believe they are. Oh, and hipsters bother me. They try so hard to do everything the preps are not doing, that they're basically doing the same thing. Changing themselves so they become something. I don't quite understand why people would want do or become something they aren't, just to fit in, or be radically different. Just do what you feel like doing, regardless of what anybody else is.
Last edited by IommiPage at May 26, 2010,
people who slip the words 'bro' and 'like' into every sentence, i dunno what stereotype it falls into but those people are annoying
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Quote by Dirge Humani
Yo man, take a chill pill.

simma down
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Quote by rmr024
Jocks.

Yep, plus their seeming lack of chins disturbs me to no end.

Metalheads- Theres nothing wrong with listening to metal, but don't go around trying to be br00talz to everyone you know. Im one of the more kvlt people in my school, but you wouldn't know it unless you looked at my ipod or heard me playing/singing something metal.

Overly flamboyent gays- Yes, those shoes look good on you. No, I really don't care if they're armani, a brand doesn't change how they look.

Guidos/italians from new jersey/people who act like them- Just leave, I don't even want anything to do with you.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by guitarsftw
Metalheads: Many of them are really really nice people. But then the topic of music comes up... and they get violently defensive of their own music/genre, they start believing that metal is the only genre worthy of being the basis of a legitimate religion. Then, I start talking about my own favorite metal artists (I know a lot of them, I am not one of those people who only knows about Metallica, Maiden, etc.) and they start rolling their eyes because they consider me a "poser" because I don't dress the part and that I don't listen to metal EXCLUSIVELY. Not to mention a LOT of metalheads are looking for reasons to get pissed off, which is extremely annoying.

No way **** you man!

Nah, I'm jk'in. Metal is my favorite genre, but I do agree that most metalheads (stricly metal listeners) are like that.

Indie kids are just as bad, if not worse IMO. Indie kids are the scum of the music world... if it's mainstream and more than a handful of people like it, it's shit.

Anyone who is like that about music pisses me off a lot tbh.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JacobTheMe
This also.

There is nothing wrong with a bit of feminine quality, I honestly think the world would be better if people could express it a bit more but there is a limit.

Sexuality doesn't make personality.

I agree with this. Over-the-top sexuality (expressed in homosexuality, heterosexuality, masculinity, femininity, etc.) is inappropriate in most aspects of life, and can often be deemed disrespectful. I understand that homosexuals want to display their pride, and I am totally cool with that, but it doesn't need to be at such an extreme level and at every moment of the day.

That being said, one of my (gay) best friends has told me that most members of the homosexual community (at least locally) agree with what I just said and sort of look down on extreme levels of flamboyance.
Quote by AA00P
You know that stereotype that Negroes like watermelon? I tried trading a watermelon to this colored fella for a shoeshine and he got awful sore.
Quote by JacobTheMe
I found that the "alternative" sports often have some pretty nice athletes. Such as soccer, track, tennis etc.

Besides from that I actually get along with a few football guys. I actually was talking with one while donating blood a couple months back. He was absolutely terrified. (Imagine a 300lb+ titan of pure muscle being comforted by a tiny little 107lb boy.)

Fencing has some great people in it. We're usually very respectful of people, and know when to follow rules(if we weren't most of us would be missing eyes) and use a lot of Monty Python references. Not always a good thing, but its better than most of today's crappy humor.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by CaptDin
You know that stereotype that Negroes like watermelon? I tried trading a watermelon to this colored fella for a shoeshine and he got awful sore.

Yeah, well, it coulda been a Chinaman, it don't matter.
Quote by AA00P
I play football for my high school and make it a point not to fit the "douchebag jock" stereotype. I hate to see anyone act like that.

I really don't like the MMA bro/guido/Ed Hardy kind of guys you see everywhere.
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.
Quote by rmr024
Jocks.

I guess my school is an exception to this. There are jocks who can be assholes, but most of them are actually pretty chill.

edit: Oh yeah I hate "bros," Those kids that drive raised trucks, wear tank tops and have small dicks.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by guitarsftw
I agree with this. Over-the-top sexuality (expressed in homosexuality, heterosexuality, masculinity, femininity, etc.) is inappropriate in most aspects of life, and can often be deemed disrespectful. I understand that homosexuals want to display their pride, and I am totally cool with that, but it doesn't need to be at such an extreme level and at every moment of the day.

That being said, one of my (gay) best friends has told me that most members of the homosexual community (at least locally) agree with what I just said and sort of look down on extreme levels of flamboyance.

Yeah, any "alternative" sexuality has people that fake it and wear it like a badge. I can safely say that a bunch of the people that are flamboyantly gay (in high school especially) are just trying for personality quirks.

As an asexual I can personally tell you that there are a LOT of fakers out there. Most of them use it as an excuse for not getting laid, the rest are just trying to be unique and "non-human".
Druggies/Stoners: I get high occasionally with my band, but i dont see the need to base my entire personality around a plant. It's immature and pathetic.

Scene kids: Trying so hard to fit in with the people who don't fit in is retarded.

Classic Rock kids: You know, the kind who refuse to like any music that came out after 1978 and constantly bitch about how music isn't as good anymore.

Thugs/Gangsters: They just wanted to do hood-rat stuff with they friends.

Mainstream Metalheads: The kind who go on and on about Slayer, Metallica, and Priest. You make us more open-minded metalheads look bad.

That is all

Edit: Oh yeah, can't forget about the gays who need to remind you that they're gay every 10 minutes. Don't get me wrong, I'm an extremely strong supporter of gay rights and I do activist work around my city to help, but I dislike anyone who wears their sexuality on their sleeve. I hate it just as much when a straight guy feels the need to point out every hot girl in the vicinity and make comments on how much he wants to lick her tits.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at May 26, 2010,
Quote by JacobTheMe
Yeah, any "alternative" sexuality has people that fake it and wear it like a badge. I can safely say that a bunch of the people that are flamboyantly gay (in high school especially) are just trying for personality quirks.

As an asexual I can personally tell you that there are a LOT of fakers out there. Most of them use it as an excuse for not getting laid, the rest are just trying to be unique and "non-human".

I find most "bisexuals" to be the funniest. Most of them are just heterosexuals that want to fit in with the "alternative" crowd(s).
Quote by AA00P
I hate the "individuals" You know those guys that have to be different than everyone else and will do anything to stick out like a sore thumb because they want the attention. I've met a few, and every time I've conversed with them it's, "lyke OmG did u get my obscure reference to something that everyone gets? Doesn't that make me sooo cool?"

I want to snap their necks.
I know that this isn't a common stereotype, but I have to say, the nerdy/racial comedian guys really piss me off. We get it, black people like KFC and Star Trek was cool, you don't have to make a joke about them EVERY 5 SECONDS. And if you do, at least make them good jokes.

Now, a more common stereotype, Wiggers. I really don't have to go into detail here, if you've ever heard the term "wigger" before and know what it means, you'll agree with me when I say that we should drive them all off cliffs. Yes, more than one cliff, multiple times.
Quote by phlip999
I know that this isn't a common stereotype, but I have to say, the nerdy/racial comedian guys really piss me off. We get it, black people like KFC and Star Trek was cool, you don't have to make a joke about them EVERY 5 SECONDS. And if you do, at least make them good jokes.

Now, a more common stereotype, Wiggers. I really don't have to go into detail here, if you've ever heard the term "wigger" before and know what it means, you'll agree with me when I say that we should drive them all off cliffs. Yes, more than one cliff, multiple times.

I hate those people.

Stop talking like you grew up in the slums, you go to a private school and live in a McMansion, use proper english.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Chavs.

Oh wait. That isn't a stereotype, is it?

(Tbh, I've never met a chav, but I've heard a lot about them on UG).
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by phlip999

Oh, I almost forgot about the wanna/b/tards. (Yes, I made up that term).

"IMMAH FIRIN' MAH LAZAH!!!"
"LOL"
"RICKROLL'D"

There is a group at my school that is like that. They focus their lives around anything nerdy. (As in wearing video game related clothes everyday and ONLY talking about Call of Duty). The worst part is that if I try to mention any not as famous meme, they won't get it.

They are nice fellows, they are pretty immature and stupid though.
Quote by JacobTheMe
Oh, I almost forgot about the wanna/b/tards. (Yes, I made up that term).

"IMMAH FIRIN' MAH LAZAH!!!"
"LOL"
"RICKROLL'D"

There is a group at my school that is like that. They focus their lives around anything nerdy. (As in wearing video game related clothes everyday and ONLY talking about Call of Duty). The worst part is that if I try to mention any not as famous meme, they won't get it.

They are nice fellows, they are pretty immature and stupid though.

That was my ex girlfriend's brother... He didn't even know what /b/ was but he would make jokes about mudkipz and any meme I'd show him.

It's pretty sad.