Page 1 of 2
MASSIVE LULZ.

http://doublecrosswebzine.blogspot.com/2010/05/james-hetfield-of-metallica-on-straight.html

I got a message from my cousin Bob today telling me about the new issue of So What, which is Metallica's fan club magazine. Bob told me that there was a piece in the mag with James Hetfield talking about his tattoos. What surprised the hell out of both of us was that James recently got himself a straight edge tattoo… yeah, you read the right, a straight edge tattoo. Here's a couple interesting excerpts from the interview. Thanks to Bob for scanning and sending this over to me. -Tim DCXX

SO WHAT: (Caught by a tattoo)… that's a new one, right? Sorry-

James: Straight edge? Yeah.

SO WHAT: You're not getting away with the last comment, incidentally. We'll have to go back to that. But anyways, the straight edge X.

James: Right. Well, straight edge, this was certainly a design of my own. You know, the old straight edge tattoo, it's just like a big X on your hand. No drinking, and I don't drink. It's like when you go into the clubs, they put and X on your hand…

SO WHAT: Right. It's because you haven't shown your ID.

James: And I don't need drink or drugs. That's straight edge life. Obviously I'm not straight edge - a true, hardcore straight edge has never had any of it in her or her whole life. But I'm a reborn straight edge.

SO WHAT: I always associated Minor Threat and Ian MacKaye and those guys with straight edge punk. That's what they were all about.

James: Absolutely. There's some hardcore people that are straight edge from birth. So this was my take on the straight edge X, you know? Straight razors. A straight edge, is what that was all about.

Stolen from b9. So. Funny.
He hasn't been out of rehab for alcohol abuse long enough for me to take this seriously.

EDIT: Well, and he's James Hetfield.
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.
Last edited by Floyd93 at May 26, 2010,
Hilarious. Just hilarious.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Nah this actually sounds pretty legit, he's "reborn straight edge" and has straight razors. Ya know...cuz they're straight and have edges.
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.
He also has a giant Jesus sleeve.

EDIT: Giant Jesus was the name of a folk punk side project I played bass in for 2 months
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Glenn Beck?
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by James Hetfield

And I've drunk that, I've drunk this
I've spewed up on a pint of piss
So what, so what
I've had skag, I've had speed
I've jacked up until I bleed
So what, so what
So what, so what, you boring little cunt

Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
My favorite part is how it says "STR8 EDGE"
Because he can't be ****ed to get the "aight"
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
So how long until James Hetfield gets beaten up in Utah?
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by Manos15
Metallica/Earth Crisis split coming out soon.

you know, if Metallica actually put out a real hardcore record, I have a feeling it could actually be decent.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
this would be lame if he was say, in his 20's still, but he's obviously matured a lot. FFS he has a wife and kids. But hey people can only put on a good show if they're drunk right?
Quote by 1201ZJ
FoolishFool, you sir, are a genius. A ****ing genius, I tell you.
Quote by saxaxe

you know, if Metallica actually put out a real hardcore record, I have a feeling it could actually be decent.

It would probably be their best album in the past 20 years.
I'm an asshole.
Last edited by lookpizza at May 27, 2010,
Quote by FoolishFool
this would be lame if he was say, in his 20's still, but he's obviously matured a lot. FFS he has a wife and kids. But hey people can only put on a good show if they're drunk right?

Uh, wait, what?
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
MOAR LIEK

I like using puns when they have no relevance to the conversation.

What a cat-astrophe!!!
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
No, I know. I was just being retarded.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by Floyd93

Thats a Misfits song so I fail to see your point.
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
Quote by NY_FootBall49

WTF? Since when?
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by NY_FootBall49

wat? I'm confused, that doesn't sound familiar and google says its a metallica song...
It's an Anti Nowhere League song. And the fact that Metallica covered it is all the point Floyd needed. You don't cover songs you don't like or connect to in a sense, unless it's an ironic pop cover. In that case you're connecting to the inner hipster douchbaggery that compels you to cover in a shitty song because your ego won't allow you to believe your version of it will be anything less than pure genius.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Can't say I'm a huge fan anymore, but I definitely used to be when I was in high school.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
OMG, I'M in high school!

EDIT:vvv dude you srs (i doubt it)
Last edited by phoenix_crush at May 27, 2010,
I was heavily influenced by James Hetfield when I first started playing. His style of picking mainly, sounds so ****ing heavy.
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
Quote by phoenix_crush
OMG, I'M in high school!

EDIT:vvv dude you srs (i doubt it)

OMG it's liek i kno teh storie to your life!!!!!

I used to listen to American Psycho all the time until I got the internet, as it was the only CD by them I had.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Page 1 of 2