I've been pondering over which les paul i should get next for the longest time

I was long thinking of a gibson les paul studio (maybe faded) just because it is relatively cheap, and it's..... you know, GIBSON

Now one choice that I really didn't consider seriously is an Agile. though I heard good things about them, I just didn't like how they kinda looked like flattened, slightly distorted version of a true les paul body shape.

But now i think that if they are really that good, I might consider them over gibson studios. How would a top of the line agile compared to maybe something like a gibson lp studio? or studio faded??
Guitars:
* Custom "does-it-all" Strat
*'12 James Tyler Studio Elite HD Burning Water (HSH)
* EVH Wolfgang Special Stealth HT
I have NO experience with Agiles, so this comment is based purely on research from reviews and personal opinions of others. Having said that, I've heard great things about the top end Agiles, and have personal poor experience with any and all Faded series Gibsons. They aren'e worth the 1000 bucks they want for them. Certain Studios are worth it (Firebird being the one I personally like) but as for a comparison, from what I've read, the high end Agile is about equivilent to a Faded Series LP, maybe a little better. If you have the money, get a Standard, if not, try the 2 different Gibsons and make an opinion based on that and research. Hope that helps
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
I have played both in my search for a guitar recently.

The Agiles are nice guitars for the price. They are, however nowhere close in comparison to a real Gibson.

My LP Studio (not a faded one) blows the Agile away.
Michael
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio (Ebony w/ Gold)
Peavy Rage 158 Practice Amp
I have a Gibson SG, an Epiphone Explorer, and an Agile Les Paul. I will say that the SG plays the best, the Epiphone sounds the best, and the Agile is built the best, though some of the hardware on the Agile could be replaced, mainly the bridge but that's <$50 bucks. If you're looking at Gibsons look no lower than the Standard series for any model, it's worth making the investment. You're either going to have this guitar for a lifetime or sell it, and if you sell it you won't be losing much since it's a pretty high end instrument. If you have it for a lifetime, you don't want to be disappointed. I would save for a real Gibson Les Paul.

To make my point a little clearer...The SG sounds better than the Agile. Deeper, bolder, and simply more beautiful. The Agile even has better pickups but in no way sounds as good as the SG even though on paper it should. If it was a real Gibson against the Agile it would blow it away. Though I will say that I love the Agile and play it out as much as any of my other guitars.
Just curious on the logic...

How is a Gibson Les Paul, built in Gibson's factory, sold as a Gibson USA guitar, with the Gibson name branded on it, with a Gibson Gold Warranty, that comes with a Gibson quality check card, not a real Gibson?

There is absolutely nothing wrong or low quality about an LP Studio. The quality of wood is better than 90% of the guitars out there. It actually comes with a 490R and 498T humbucker, only the faded versions come with BurstBuckers.

This may not be as good as a Standard model, but it is far from low quality or bad sounding. It plays fantastic. It may not be up to elitist or professional standards, but it definitely is a Gibson, with the Gibson sound and I have never seen an LP Studio sold that was not well built, from all the ones I have touched.
Michael
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio (Ebony w/ Gold)
Peavy Rage 158 Practice Amp
ok,.. another question for you gibson guys.
what exactly is the difference among les paul standard, les paul traditional, and les paul classic??

those seem to be a step up from studio models, and I can't really pinpoint the differences between them
Guitars:
* Custom "does-it-all" Strat
*'12 James Tyler Studio Elite HD Burning Water (HSH)
* EVH Wolfgang Special Stealth HT