So as I've been in a writing slump lately (can't seem to make progress outside of a riff here and there ), I thought I'd take a shot at doing an unconventional cover, as the title suggests. Plus, my friends and bandmates are big GaGa fans, so it could lead to being a staple song for all of us. However, I'm running into problem areas like how to convert some some parts to "metal" and transitioning to other parts. I don't want to take an easy "play everything the same but with distortion and double bass" method, so I may be getting a bit too overambitious with my writing.

So feel free to critique anything you feel needs critiquing. One thing that keeps on nagging me is the transition from the "rah-rah-rah-ah-ah" part to the "I want your loving..." part (if you know what I mean). It just seems like a jarring change to me, any help with that?

C4C if you want one as always.
Attachments:
Bad Romance Metal WIP.gp5
Bad Romance Metal WIP.mid
However it does sound kind of symphonic, I think it would be best to give it more of a thrashy feel.

(I encourage this because I am working on a thrash version of Celia Cruz's "La Vida Es Un Carnaval", yes, SALSA)
Quote by jojoel10
However it does sound kind of symphonic, I think it would be best to give it more of a thrashy feel.

(I encourage this because I am working on a thrash version of Celia Cruz's "La Vida Es Un Carnaval", yes, SALSA)

I was actually considering that- I only did the 3/4 part cause my friend/keyboardist recommended something like that, I'll try a thrashier feel and see how that works.

Also good luck on La Vida, that should be nuts!