Poll: Laptop or netbook for online classes
Poll Options
View poll results: Laptop or netbook for online classes
Netbook if that's all you need it for
12 33%
Laptop, netbooks might be cheap but there's a reason why
24 67%
Voters: 36.
I gotta make up classes online, the only thing I want it for is to do that.

I really don't want to spend a lot of money. Unless I have to.

SOOO? Should I go with a netbook for like 2-300 USD or do they suck so bad that I might as well upgrade to a laptop...
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers
'91 Stratocaster, MIM....

Line Six Flextone II 60 watt amp
Netbook = More battery life, but more basic.

Laptop = Less battery life, but can game etc.

I'd go for netbook.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by colt34
I gotta make up classes online, the only thing I want it for is to do that.

If it's just for that, go for the cheaper one.
Quote by Holy.
Depends what you'll be doing on it.

Like I said I only need it for typing and doing my online classes. No games or anything, no need for a CD drive
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers

Quote by colt34
Like I said I only need it for typing and doing my online classes. No games or anything, no need for a CD drive

It sounds like you already knew the answer before posting here.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Seref
My genitals dangle limply in disgust and annoyance.
Quote by colt34

Then the purpose of this thread is...?
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
A cheap laptop. Net books are incredibly tiny with small keyboards and screens that get annoying.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by BeastlyBassist
Then the purpose of this thread is...?

because I want to know if the difference in price, versus the more I could get with a laptop, is worth it. I only need it for this, but if it's a hundred bucks more and I get a crapload more stuff, why would I pass it up??

Quote by colt34
because I want to know if the difference in price, versus the more I could get with a laptop, is worth it. I only need it for this, but if it's a hundred bucks more and I get a crapload more stuff, why would I pass it up??

You're the only person that knows what you want/need to get out of it. A 400 dollar laptop isn't going to be the cream of the crop either.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

Quote by BeastlyBassist
You're the only person that knows what you want/need to get out of it. A 400 dollar laptop isn't going to be the cream of the crop either.

yeah but maybe better than a netbook no?

Quote by colt34
yeah but maybe better than a netbook no?

You wouldn't notice any significant difference if all you're doing is word processing and internet. Like I said, you're the only one that knows what you want to do with it. If you were going to be doing more than that, say storing/playing music on it, guitar pro, watching movies etc. I'd recommend the laptop.

All you've said is you want it to do "online classes" so I don't see any point in spending 100 more bucks for things you won't use.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

Quote by BeastlyBassist
You wouldn't notice any significant difference if all you're doing is word processing and internet. Like I said, you're the only one that knows what you want to do with it. If you were going to be doing more than that, say storing/playing music on it, guitar pro, watching movies etc. I'd recommend the laptop.

All you've said is you want it to do "online classes" so I don't see any point in spending 100 more bucks for things you won't use.

well heck if I had it I'd use it haha I probably would want music and stuff on it. I just really don't have the money. So unless I can find a cheap one or good used one I'd prolly just have to go with the netbook.
See I'd love a 1700 dollar asus, wouldn't we all? haha but I got stuff I gotta pay for

Last edited by colt34 at May 27, 2010,
Quote by colt34
well heck if I had it I'd use it haha I probably would want music and stuff on it. I just really don't have the money. So unless I can find a cheap one or good used one I'd prolly just have to go with the netbook

Well then you just answered your own question
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

Quote by BeastlyBassist
Well then you just answered your own question

unlesssss I find a cheap laptop but where oh where....... Checked best buy and stuff. amazon too

I know you can get a student discount on HP laptops for sure, google "HP Academy". I think a few of the other companies do it to. Also, HP is having a memorial day sale. You might be able to find a cheap one from them.

EDIT: This is $398 with the student discount and the memorial day sale.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

Last edited by BeastlyBassist at May 27, 2010,