so i am trying to learn chord progression and i dont think im wrapping my head around it. Say i am playing a simple strumming song of F G AM C and i wanted to play a lead over it, How would i go about this?
I know i have to put this into a chord progression then this will lead me to what mode to play but im getting lost along the way.
Any help would be nice thanks.
play a lead as in a melody over it while the chords are playing? Just start on an F note somewhere on the fretboard and play some sort of scale pattern over the chords. Or if you want to be more complex try playing the F major scale over it.
What is this so called..... Signature?
find the scale that all the chords can be derived from, in this case C major or i suppose F lydian. or u can play non-diatonically and pick a different scale for each chord
I had to get a replacement after I broke my G string. What a pain in the ass!
Start with the notes in each chord and build from there. i.e. during the F chord, play either an F, an A, or a C, during G, play G, B, or D, during Am, play A, C, or E, and during C, play C, E, or G, and use your ear to add more notes.
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
*reported*
Take it to the technique forum.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"