Has anyone got one of the Blackstar HTV series speaker cabs. How do they perform? The specs on the Blackstar site don't even say what speakers are in it (just says Celestion speakers)
The Harley will almost definatly have better speakers, but I've heard they are a bit fragile, although nice sounding.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by classicrocker01
The Harley will almost definatly have better speakers, but I've heard they are a bit fragile, although nice sounding.

I wont be gigging with these (any time soon), but no denying the awesome value this cab presents.

This is probably a really noob question but I have always played combo's and I am looking into this as part of my first stack setup. Combined with an amp like the Blackstat HT-5, will a 2x12" be louder than a 1x12" be louder than a 1x10" for a given output from the amp? The reason I want these is as a bedroom amp that in the future I can use with bigger/better amps; but want to be able to crank the Blackstar HT-5 in my bedroom. (Blackstar HT-5 is a 5w amp head)
everyone knows about the HT-5 round here...

2x12 harly benton cab will be the best out of all of them. the HTV cab speakers arent the best celestions around....
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
everyone knows about the HT-5 round here...

2x12 harly benton cab will be the best out of all of them. the HTV cab speakers arent the best celestions around....

Worth almost twice the price of the haze?
Quote by Effecient
Worth almost twice the price of the haze?

well do you want quality or shit?

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
The Blackstar cabs have Celestion Seventy-Eightys in them I think, I don't think they sound too good.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Yes, they have Seventy-80's in them, but I heard that they actually sound pretty good for the prize.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
They didn't completly suck or anything.

I've just heard far superior speaker cabs.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by Effecient
Has anyone got one of the Blackstar HTV series speaker cabs. How do they perform? The specs on the Blackstar site don't even say what speakers are in it (just says Celestion speakers)

I got HTV 1x12 & 2x12. They got celestion 70/80's in them. The speakers sound quite good, enen though ive heard better sounding ones. The built of the cab box is pretty impressive. Im really loving my cabs.
Lock up...

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
InB4lock
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
I've got the 412 a slanted cab.....it sounds decent for what you pay and has gotten better with a little break in. I wouldn't buy one new again because for that price you could pick up a used Marshall 1960 cab for the same price wich is superior....but if you get a good deal and your short on funds I'v heard much worse. The cab build is good and won't fall apart on you from lugging it between gigs
I believe in god, jesus and the holy ghost.....or as i call them Angus, Kirk and Lemmy
A 2x12 will not really be a lot louder than a 1x12 or 1x10 if the speakers are the same.
The 70/80 though is said to be the worst celestion guitar speaker and that the only way to break them in is to use trash compacter.

If you can get a 1960 for a nice price it may be better, though I'd just get the harley benton.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Strat5959
I've just been looking around on the web to identify the Celestion speaker built into Blackstar's HTV 112 cabinet.

It's a Celestion Seventy 80, 80 Watts, 16 Ohms, according to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxS0LnSlwx4

Yes they suck and please don't necro bump
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate