So, I've been seeing this Tech 21 Sansamp Bass Driver around everywhere, and it seems to be the Bee's Knees.

200$ is spendy, and I'm seeing some other bass boost pedals around for cheaper

So I'm wondering, is the Tech 21 really that awesome, and is it super worth my 200$? I mean, I would like to have a good well defined sound as I'm a bass player in a 4 piece Hardcore band, with 1 guitarist. I have a lot of space to fill up, and I'm wondering if this is really the piece of equipment for me, or if I should go for a cheaper boost pedal...

To be short,
Should I buy this, because it's a superior pedal to everything else I can find, or since I won't use the distortion, would it be better to get a cheaper pedal?

Here are some others I'm seeing

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Electro-Harmonix-The-Mole-Bass-Booster-Effects-Pedal-620032-i1447537.gc

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-FUL-FB3-LIST?SRC=D0407FG0HAMS0000&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=feed&

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/676942-REG/BBE_Sound_BOOSTA_GRANDE_Boosta_Grande_Clean_Gain.html
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles
Nevermind, that's a stupid pun for Australian pyromaniacs.
Just forget I said anything.

Quote by mac_attack
THE PURE SEXUAL THRILL!!!!
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
Well first, what are you trying to accomplish? If you're just looking to fill out more space just up the mids on your amp, no pedal necessary.
I really love the bassdriver. I bought it used when I was in canada about 6 years ago and Its never let me down, its so full of all sorts of tone and I only rarely use the dirt.

but, like the guy above says, it all depends what you are trying to achieve.

A lot of shops carry them now, take your bass down and have a play about.
Just re-read this and saw your super into hardcore. One of the reasons I bought this as it nails sick of it all, the dirt is brill.
Well, I have my mids boosted on my amp, as well as on my guitar. I just want to have a bigger presence, to give my sound a more, well, oomph to it. If I'm not full enough we sound... well, pathetic. I'm trying to fill out all of my area's without maxing everything I've got. I have my Basses EQ Maxed out, and my amp has lows and mids running about 3/5ths up, and highs a bit lower then that. I don't want to just blare my EQ on my head because it sounds nasty. I'm hoping this pedal will boost what I want to boost without making that nasty crap come out.
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles

Quote by mac_attack
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
I guess the only bass controls i've seen are on active electronics. Bass EQ is fine, gives good undistorted boost and even and equalizer to mess around with. If you kinda like high quality pedals with true bypass the BBE Boosa Grande works wonders.
I do have an active bass. I love it! =D
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles

Quote by mac_attack
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
what you want is a 31 band, and maybe a compressor. with those in hand, I can make really deep, powerful, clear, and present sound.

a Sansamp Bass Driver will make you sound like an Ampeg. a great sound, and punchy, but for straight out presence, it might hit that mix in a totally wrong way for you. a decent compressor and a well made 31 can make your sound no matter what.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I have a compressor, and I'm looking for a punchier sound. A 31 band might be a bit out of range in price for an unemployed 18 year old... hahah.
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles

Quote by mac_attack
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
no more pricey than a Sansamp!

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Nady-GEQ-131-Single-31-Band-EQ-183702-i1165122.gc

never heard of Nady... but there you go!

what kinda punchy we talking about?

like Yes punchy? Blink 182? Metallica punchy?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
The Behringer Bass DI is a good alternative. Some people may rip on Behringer, but it's one of the best things they make.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
I just checked your gear section and I think the problem is your amp man. 180 watts isn't alot of power at all, and it's also a Behringer so it's probably over rated. I'd put the money towards a better head, you can polish a turd all you want but it'll still be a turd at the end of the day.
Well, right now, that is what I could afford, and it's actually running me quite nicely. I got the rare Behringer gem, that doesn't totally blow ****. I took it to GC to try out some stuff with it, and most everyone there said they were amazed at how it works. I'm very aware that it's not a great piece of gear, but I'm upgrading to a new head soon anyway. I'm getting a job from my uncle this summer, and I'm getting a Peavey Tour 450 head, plus a Markbass 102 & 151 cabinet set up. So this will be going on there. I needed this because my old 35 watt 1x12 wasn't cutting it with a full band.
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles

Quote by mac_attack
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10