does anyone know if agile ship to the uk as i am thinking about ordering a couple of guitars from them
Yeah they do. but it wouldn't be worth it as you would have to pay, Import tax and the 17.5% (soon to be 20%) on VAT.

It would be better just to get a guitar that is as expensive as the two put together.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by s1874
so its going to be way moreexpensive then

Yes, Once I went to buy a guitar from them, and shipping to the UK doubled the price of it. Look into a brand of guitars called Vintage, they are pretty much the UK equivalent of Agile.
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

Standard Vintage models are the EU equivalent of Agile. Vintage Advance are arguably quite noticably better than Agile and barely cost any more than a standard Vintage.

Of course, depending on what model you're after you may be able to buy a guitar from a ''proper'' (i.e. non-copy) brand anyway. A lot of guitar manufacturers put their guitars through much tougher quality control for the European market than they do for the North American market, so a lot of what you hear on the internet about certain brands being sub-par doesn't count for Europe. This often has to do with the materials used and how items of this nature (it goes for furniture too) are transported, the EU is much stricter on what can be shipped around and how. Meanwhile in North America the regulations for these things are much more lax so companies can get away with cheaping on quality assurance and control, which saves them a lot of money. So for the UK, brands like Epiphone, ESP/LTD, Schecter, Squier, BC Rich and so on are actually perfectly fine, legitimate options to buy. Yes, they will often still cost a little more than a copy brand like Vintage or Agile, but with these ''proper'' brands you get the ''real'' body and headstock shapes, the compatibility with more aftermarket parts than copy brands and these guitars from more famous brands retain their value better, in case you ever want to sell the guitar.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
i owned a 'vintage' brand les paul and it was a lot better then any of the epiphone alternatives i could find, although the pickups were lacking this may be fixed now, there quite widely available throughout the UK and well worth a try, you can normally get a very nice LP style for £200 or so
Proud owner of Paul Allander PRS styled - Shamray CS-1985
CS-1985 Pics
Costed me a bloody 100 USD to get it shipped. And there was the custom fee added. Ended up not quite cheap as it should have been
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

don't call vintage guitars the same as Agile until they open up a custom shop and make such awesome 7- and 8-string guitars.
Quote by CoreysMonster
don't call vintage guitars the same as Agile until they open up a custom shop and make such awesome 7- and 8-string guitars.

yeah i was going to buy an 8 string and a 12 string fretless from them, and i doubt vintage do either of them
Quote by CoreysMonster
Okay then. Vintage (standard) are the same as regular Agiles, Vintage Advance are noticeably better and T.C Ellis and Tokai have every custom build covered.

There, everyone is happy and nobody has had to pay out an extra 35% on importing.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
How much do tc ellis customs start at?, i have a design in mind
Last edited by s1874 at May 27, 2010,
You'd have to e-mail him and ask. Most TC Ellis guitars come in under or around the £500 mark, but if you want an entirely custom shape, I wouldn't expect you to be able to get it done by anyone for under £800 at the absolute minimum. Unless it's just a bolt-on body you want and you get the neck and hardware from somewhere else, in which case there are a few companies that will do a custom bolt-on body for around the £300 mark, give or take. And those won't be amazing quality. If you want a guitar that is both high quality and a custom design, you better save up well over a grand.
Last I heard of Tim Ellis' custom builds (and they are outsourced from a local luthier unless he thinks doing a far-East production run is viable) you are looking at £1500+. But you started with copy LPs and his current stock ones are £500. My Series 2 is the more basic version and was £300 with stock pups (WIlkinson overwound). He told me in February that he will be doing more Series 2 later this year but that the old price might be hard to repeat. That said, it eats anything I have tried from Epiphone and probably Vintage as well, if you happen to find a good one.
In playability and sound I'd put it a tad above a mediocre Gibbo Standard I tried recently as it has tons more natural sustain. It would not quite be comparable to a well finished Custom, though.
From around £400 there's the Burny range which are well-liked around here. Tokai are available from a few places but the cheaper ones use some odd woods.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x