Hey guys, I'm looking for a new MP3 player since my old Creative Zen sadly passed on. I'd prefer something with 30GB or more memory and something that can sync up with media player so I don't have to rename all the tracks or download all the album artwork etc. Everything I've checked out seems to focus more on the extra gadgets and apps (and other stuff I don't give a shit about) than actual playback quality and that's what I'm looking for most.

Any ideas?
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Cowon S9/J3. I'm not sure if the J3 is out in the UK yet and whether it has a 32GB option, but the S9 certainly does and you can get it pretty easily on the interwebz. I have an S9 and I love it to bits. It's very customizable as well. If you go to iaudiophile.net you can see some of the themes for it.
hello
Quote by KTFM
There's, like, this thing, right, it's totally, like, the new thing to get. I heard it's called, like, the iPod or something like that? It's, like totally awesome cos it, like, plays all my songs and shit. Totally awesome.

He said he wants something with decent playback quality.
hello
Quote by opc100
He said he wants something with decent playback quality.

What is this so called..... Signature?
Sansa Fuze 4gb versions start around $70-80 and can take microSD Cards. I have one and the playback is great. No software to install and it will sync to Media Player.
while you guys are giving suggestions :p

i'm looking for something similar but with a folder based system, like totally oldschool I still have a lot of music which doesn't have artist/number tags but that are arranged in this way

/artist/album/01-songtitle.mp3,

so I basicly would need the reversed of what the op is asking :p

anyone have an idea where I could get such an mp3player nowadays, with decent audio quality ofc (my 2gb creative muvo is just becoming a pain in the ass)

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
There's nothing wrong with playback quality on an iPod. AAC songs sound pretty decent. I've owned a few iPods (I'm actually on my second Touch right now) and an iPod has always blown the competition away. I've owned a Zen, used many other MP3's, and owned a Zune. Nothing has matched the iPod.

Plus the Touch has the interwebz. Yay.
Last edited by TheAbsentOne at May 27, 2010,
Quote by TheAbsentOne
There's nothing wrong with playback quality on an iPod. AAC songs sound pretty decent. I've owned a few iPods (I'm actually on my second Touch right now) and an iPod has always blown the competition away. I've owned a Zen, used many other MP3's, and owned a Zune. Nothing has matched the iPod.

Plus the Touch has the interwebz. Yay.

My friend has a touch, I want one so bad.

But I'm stuck with a crappy Zen that randomly skips/hiccups on songs and the battery lasts an hour.
Quote by KTFM
There's, like, this thing, right, it's totally, like, the new thing to get. I heard it's called, like, the iPod or something like that? It's, like totally awesome cos it, like, plays all my songs and shit. Totally awesome.

WIN !!!

hahahahaha
I always used to buy expensive mp3 players but got sick of the amount of problems i had with them. i then got a sansa clip which just focuses on the music and nothing else, and it has great sound quality

So yeah I would advise you to get an 8G Sansa Clip + with a 32G SD card if you don't want to spend loads of money. You can get a Sansa Clip + with 40G memory for £70

Also ipod sound quality is not that good, very flat and tinny and lacking Bass
Last edited by Duffman123 at May 27, 2010,
Just get a shuffle for general music, old nanos for movies, itouch for anything in between.

BENAEDIT:
Quote by Ignite
My friend has a touch, I want one so bad.

But I'm stuck with a crappy Zen that randomly skips/hiccups on songs and the battery lasts an hour.

What ZEN have you got? Mine is a Vision: M, and its pretty good considering its house-brick size.
This is why we can't have nice things!
Last edited by Benadeto at May 27, 2010,
Quote by Benadeto
Just get a shuffle for general music, old nanos for movies, itouch for anything in between.

BENAEDIT:
What ZEN have you got? Mine is a Vision: M, and its pretty good considering its house-brick size.

Zen Microphoto. It was like 99 bucks so I grabbed it. I guess with all the focus on pictures, the unit itself is probably not on par with general Zen units.
Quote by Duffman123
ipod sound quality is not that good, very flat and tinny and lacking Bass

I only get that problem when I use the shitty earbuds. When I've got my nice studio headphones, it sounds just fine, especially if I EQ it a bit.
Quote by godisasniper
I only get that problem when I use the shitty earbuds. When I've got my nice studio headphones, it sounds just fine, especially if I EQ it a bit.

Well if you use studio quality headphones you can even make a Walkman tape player sound great
Has the TS considered buying a fairly cheap MP3 player and then buying a nice little headphone amp?

Something like the FiiO E5 would be fairly cheap, but add plenty of dynamics to your playback, provided you use decent quality headphones.
Quote by numinis
while you guys are giving suggestions :p

i'm looking for something similar but with a folder based system, like totally oldschool I still have a lot of music which doesn't have artist/number tags but that are arranged in this way

/artist/album/01-songtitle.mp3,

so I basicly would need the reversed of what the op is asking :p

anyone have an idea where I could get such an mp3player nowadays, with decent audio quality ofc (my 2gb creative muvo is just becoming a pain in the ass)

Cowon players use both ID3 tags and folder based systems, it lets you choose. That's probably a good choice.
hello
Quote by Pants1985
Sansa Fuze 4gb versions start around $70-80 and can take microSD Cards. I have one and the playback is great. No software to install and it will sync to Media Player.

I picked up an 8gb fuse for $80, and it still works great after 3-4 years.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by KTFM

There's also this thing you might have heard on. It's quite common on forums such as this one. It's called reading the fucking OP.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I think the iPod Touch is horrible... just like all other touch devices and is just a over-priced show-off fashion accessory that has no functionality.

iPod classic is very nice, only thing stopping me get that is iTunes which is crappy.

The only MP3 player recently that has impressed me is the little Sony Walkman, but it doesn't pack enough gigs.

Soo you say you want good quality sound, then that makes me think Creative X-Fi, it's not particularly beautiful or innovative, but I've lived with 6 creative players, all of them worked great and lasted years.
A couple years ago my Zen broke, and I bought the newly-released Zune, mainly because it had an FM radio and wasn't that expensive. When I started using it, I was blown away at how much better the music sounded. I don't know if you can get a Zune Original, but I upgraded to the Zune HD a few months ago and so far it has been just as good in terms of sound quality, if not better. My parents have Sansa Fuse 4gb that are pretty cool; I don't know what memory capacities they come in. And Creative Zens are always good options.
I had a Samsung mp3 player for years. Didn't realise how truly great it was till I got hold of the new iPod classic.
The Samsung shits on most players I've used since, in terms of play back, equalising, size and weight.
peter

Last edited by GOD on the 7th day