Probably doesn't belong here, but; I'm looking into buying a Blackheart handsome devil.
In the U.S, it's about $420 AUD. In Australia, the only place I can find the amp is in billy hyde, They sell the amp for about $750 AUD and that's the only place in southern NSW/Northen Victoria that sells the amp. I can see that there may be costs for shipping into the country, tax, and profit to be made, but that's still about $150 bucks over mildly annoying and on the very of fairly ridiculous.
What i'm asking is there anywhere in the area that I could find this amp not stupidly inflated?
Thanks.
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
Err, thanks, I guess.

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

PGS. Best bet, since any customs fees and shipping will be cheaper than the 750 bucks. Its a disgrace isn't it - The Aussie dollar is strong against the greenback at the moment, and yet we still pay massively inflated prices. Get your act together aussie music stores!

I think the Billy Hyde eBay store is cheaper than the actual store, i'd suggest there if you dont wanna ship in.
Quote by Dan_5893
PGS. Best bet, since any customs fees and shipping will be cheaper than the 750 bucks. Its a disgrace isn't it - The Aussie dollar is strong against the greenback at the moment, and yet we still pay massively inflated prices. Get your act together aussie music stores!

I think the Billy Hyde eBay store is cheaper than the actual store, i'd suggest there if you dont wanna ship in.

Finally, someone agrees.

Ill check that out then. I got that price from the ebay store. So, that's a bit shyte.

Erm, Google seems to be having a bit of a problem. Maybe elaborate on the PGS, please?

Last edited by SG310user at May 27, 2010,
Yeh, and I think PGS has started an offer where you get free international shipping on orders over 150 USD
DO IT LIVE
If buying from the US make sure it can also be run at 240V. Not all amps are switchable.

PS: the Aussie $ has slipped against the USD. Only worth 83c atm. When it got up into the 90s I was buying quite a bit from the US. Luckily I got the transformers for my next amp before it dropped.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Deary me, free shipping at PGS. Hope If I slip them an Email they might get the BH HD head in and include that offer.

I hear it's the same way with Orange Amps in the states. Buying one in the UK is waaaaay cheaper. Like half as a much.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.