Poll: Which topic should my paper focus on???
Poll Options
View poll results: Which topic should my paper focus on???
Tensions between North and South Korea
30 47%
Iago's presence in Shakespeare's Othello
14 22%
I've got a better one... Look down below.
20 31%
Voters: 64.
Page 1 of 2
So, I've got a comp class over the summer to alleviate some pressure for next semester because I royally screwed my first two semesters. Now, this would not be a problem, and it isn't, except that I need to write a ten-page paper. I've got two choices, between the possibility of conflict between N. and S. Korea, and a paper I previously wrote on Othello and the presence of Iago as pure evil, or the poorer portion of Othello's conscious. Now, I am open to new topics... I just know that these are the two simplest topics for me to do. They're both interesting, but tell me if you've got a better idea.

Pick!

Post!

Give me other topics!
Quote by CoreysMonster
write about Moomins

Yes!

do it do it do it!

Also what's up with page counts instead of word counts? just write it in a really big font...?
I will not help you silly man.
This is why we can't have nice things!
Moomins
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
More specifically, its ties to Finnish culture and mythology.

for instance, this character: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Groke

Is actually based on a Finnish mythological creature that represents the cold and darkness of Finland. Once you get into it, you realise that Moomins has alot more to it than just being a cartoon.
Finnish culture is very interesting, and you can find alot of it in the books and series of the Moomins.

EDIT: Also, it's a very original idea. I don't think anyone has done a report about Finnish culture through the Moomins.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at May 27, 2010,
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Yes!

do it do it do it!

Also what's up with page counts instead of word counts? just write it in a really big font...?

"Moomins" plus ellipses = 10 pages if you use one letter per page.

MOOMINS...

Essay finished

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Backstabbing Brutus bitch, thats what you should write about esse.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Can it be about anything?

If it can then why not write about how music has developed in the past like 60 years? Its a topic I used for a class a few years ago. I started with the 50's and examined the musical styles of every decade and how those branched out into new genres and influenced each other, along with brief histories of bands that I felt epitomized the musical direction of each genre. I went all the way from early rock to every kind of metal known to man.
Quote by jfreyvogel

If it can then why not write about how music has developed in the past like 60 years? Its a topic I used for a class a few years ago. I started with the 50's and examined the musical styles of every decade and how those branched out into new genres and influenced each other, along with brief histories of bands that I felt epitomized the musical direction of each genre. I went all the way from early rock to every kind of metal known to man.

... so.... Moomins?
Quote by CoreysMonster

Is actually based on a Finnish mythological creature that represents the cold and darkness of Finland. Once you get into it, you realise that Moomins has alot more to it than just being a cartoon.
Finnish culture is very interesting, and you can find alot of it in the books and series of the Moomins.

EDIT: Also, it's a very original idea. I don't think anyone has done a report about Finnish culture through the Moomins.

I did one about linguistic relativity through Aku Ankka (Finnish Donald Duck)

Nobody can have that though because it's copyrighted. And 7 times as long as your project has to be.
Last edited by Mistress_Ibanez at May 27, 2010,
Quote by blue_strat
That petty offshoot of the Moomin clan?

ot : You have some awesome links in your sig.
Quote by Don_Humpador
Mormons.

write about how the more kids they have the more time the get to spend over at god's house drinking tea and knitting, just ask the duggar family from that 19 kids and counting show, they'll tell you....damn straight..
I'M GONNA GIVE YOU A BAD CASE OF SOMEONE SHOT ME IN THE HEAD!!!
Quote by jfreyvogel

And in the early 90's music reached its absolute peak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVG4VmminzI&feature=related
Quote by CoreysMonster

You are such a badass sometimes.

So yeah. Moomins.
Write about how ****ing dark and twisted the moomins is. Or don't. Actually don't.
'Always outnumbed, never outgunned'
PSN + XBL: Jimsworthy

Charvel So-Cal ProMod Black
Ibanez RG350Dx W/ Duncans
Blackstar HT Stage 100
ASshdown 4x12
Morley George Lynch Dragon Wah II
Quote by Craigo
You are such a badass sometimes.

So yeah. Moomins.

Sometimes?

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Nobody can have that though because it's copyrighted. And 7 times as long as your project has to be.

Now that's just silly.

Also, according to a Finnish friend of mine, the Moomins are actually supposed to be Trolls of a sort.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at May 27, 2010,
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

That sounds awesome.
The Moomins used to freak the shit out of me, I thought they were evil.
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
The difference between alligators and crocodiles and how they each contribute to their environments.
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
Quote by Dirge Humani
Not sure how it is in the UK, but in the US, almost all papers need to be in 12-point font or else they don't count.

Why not just give word counts instead of page counts though? It seems illogical to me because you could just mess with the formatting and whatnot to make it as easy to write as you can

Quote by gabcd86
That sounds awesome.

It was a pain in the ass to write, it took me months 0_0
Conclusion: there are lots of Swedish words in Donald Duck.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Now that's just silly.

Also, according to a Finnish friend of mine, the Moomins are actually supposed to be Trolls of a sort.

Yeah I've heard that somewhere too I think. Cutest trolls EVER though.

Except Mörkö (Groeke)

So TS how's your Moomin project coming along?
Last edited by Mistress_Ibanez at May 27, 2010,
Quote by jfreyvogel

thats what i did, perfect idea and its easy
Man: "I'd like to call you. What's your number?"
Woman: "It's in the phone book."

Man: "But I don't know your name."
Woman: "That's in the phone book too."
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Why not just give word counts instead of page counts though? It seems illogical to me because you could just mess with the formatting and whatnot to make it as easy to write as you can

Because if it isn't formatted in standard format (whatever that may be for that year...it changes every year -.-), it doesn't count.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Yeah I've heard that somewhere too I think. Cutest trolls EVER though.

Except Mörkö (Groeke)

So TS how's your Moomin project coming along?

Definately the cutest.
oh man moomins i forgot about those.
loved it when i was a kid.
now extra flamey
Well I got to go with the overwhelming consensus here. Moomins. And I'll even help you in writing your paper.
AEIOU
There. You have all the vowels you'll need.
Of course if you do it on Finnish Moomins you probably won't use them all.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Page 1 of 2