right, i have a marshall jvm410 head 1960 lead a and 1960 leab b cabs, and pod x3 live hooked up with the 4 cable method, but the noise gate doesnt seem to do its job properly when both loops are on (marshall on clean), pod x3 live doing its own thing, so i read up that something like isp decimator managed the whole tone noise, not just before OR after pre amp, both all?
coz atm when i use the noise gate and trying to play it doesnt sound very natural, like notes are cut off un naturally and theres still unwanted noise no matter how i tweak the noise gate
Not sure if I'm understanding your set up. Are you saying you're running the pod x3 noise gate though the effects loop of the Marshall and it's not working?

If so, then make sure the level on the amps effect loop is turned all the way up so the pod x3 will be running to full capacity.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
oops sorry yes i meant the noise gate on pod x3 live yes, the mix on both pod and marshall are on wet, 100% not dry
Is there any way you can change the threshold of the noisegate on the X3? Cos it seems like it's too high and it's cutting off way to early. And it also seems like the two pre-amps together are creating a hell of a lot of noise.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

yup i do adjust the threshold, but it still aint the way i want it, yea the two pre amps are creating a mess, but i want to use the pods tones atm coz atm my marshall high gain channels create alot of hiss (i think its the tube problems as ive read which im planning to replace or find something else to do)
Quote by dareheaven
yup i do adjust the threshold, but it still aint the way i want it, yea the two pre amps are creating a mess, but i want to use the pods tones atm coz atm my marshall high gain channels create alot of hiss (i think its the tube problems as ive read which im planning to replace or find something else to do)

Buy a seperate noisegate pedal module, it will work much better than the X3, like an ISP decimator.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Buy a seperate noisegate pedal module, it will work much better than the X3, like an ISP decimator.

but you know that makes me think, if ima start buying individual pedals...wouldnt that take out the point of the pod x3 live?
:/
how will an individual noise gate work better then the one on pod x3 live?
Quote by dareheaven
but you know that makes me think, if ima start buying individual pedals...wouldnt that take out the point of the pod x3 live?
:/
how will an individual noise gate work better then the one on pod x3 live?

I would assume so if you got a decent pedal. If you think about it, whatever Pods you get, they are still 'jack of all trades, master of none' whereas a seperate noisegate is just that, and the manufacterers have focused soley on the one purpose.
Quote by dark&broken

Make sure none of your cables are the problem.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -