Quote by deluxity

That lesson is useless, it contains no advise on technique and doesn't say anything about what arpeggio he's actually using there.

TS: What exactly do you mean by tapping arpeggios? In the style of who exactly? There's a good few different ways of doing it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
That lesson is useless, it contains no advise on technique and doesn't say anything about what arpeggio he's actually using there.

TS: What exactly do you mean by tapping arpeggios? In the style of who exactly? There's a good few different ways of doing it.
I am brand new to this style and I have seen guys like Broderick do it and I was blown away. But I dont want to sweep, if that makes any since. I guess like this:

E7 10 tap 15
B 8
G7

Is that correct?

that's still sweeping, it's just sweeping with a tap at the end - that's not what I woul;d have thought you were talking about either, I'd assume "tapping arpeggios" to mean just that, tapping arpeggios along a single string.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Shreddinkevin
I am brand new to this style and I have seen guys like Broderick do it and I was blown away. But I dont want to sweep, if that makes any since. I guess like this:

E7 10 tap 15
B 8
G7

Is that correct?

Yeah, that's a prefectly fine G major arpeggio.

In terms of tips it's really a question of starting slow and making sure that each of your fretting hand fingers is capable of hammering from nowhere; if you're anything like me that means your index finger will need most work as it spends most of it's time right now acting more like a fleshy, movable capo than a finger.

Make sure you're fretting well, that is, your fingers are coming down on the frets relatively perpendicular to the strings, fretting as close to the fret wire as you can (that is the higher fret) and from there it's just a question of practice.

Also make sure your pick hand muting is up to scratch, your fretting hand will be very busy so for the most part when you're ascending you'll only have your pick hand to keep the noise under control.

In my opinion if you can get this sort of lick down, keep your muting and such up to scratch you should be able to get from being relatively incapable to flying all over the fretboard quite quickly.

Quote by steven seagull

that's still sweeping, it's just sweeping with a tap at the end - that's not what I woul;d have thought you were talking about either, I'd assume "tapping arpeggios" to mean just that, tapping arpeggios along a single string.

Not necessarily, bearing in mind that he mentions Chris Broderick I think it's relatively safe to assume that this lick is going to be treated as all legato with no picking involved at any point, much like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkpZ645ztl0

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at May 27, 2010,
ah, the ol' hammer on from nowhere

Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing ftw...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
ah, the ol' hammer on from nowhere

Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing ftw...

Oh yes... I think I need to try learning some of those licks again

Quote by blankoff

A lick doesn't really help with anything, especially not one that complicated, it doesn't look anything like a good place to start with this kind of idea.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Learn the tapping sequence of the solo to Get the Funk Out by Extreme, it's good practice for tapped arpeggios and it's a good solo to start with instead of something impossibly hard.
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
The main issues really are the simple ones -

Left hand muting, economy of motion, finger strength.

The only thing that isn't obvious is that you have to use more of the tip of the left index finger than usually to get good hammers from nowhere. That's about it.