Hey there !
In a few weeks, I am going to aquire a brand new Peavey Valveking Combo 112 for the price of 455 Euros. I was wandering if I can get something better around that price. The style I play mostly is the style of Zakk Wylde ( playing mostly leads ). Also, I will be playing on a Ibanez GAX30, which is indeed a beginners guitar, but it's quite a good guitar. Also, I was wandering how well will the Peavey perform if I will have a pair of EMGs installed in the guitar.

Thanks in advance, cheers !
Quote by adyhendrixc
Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No, but its sterile and I like the taste.
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo should be around that price. It's way better than the VK for higher gain/heavier type stuff. EMG's only truly shine though a nice tube amp so they should respond well.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
Isn't the 6505+ like 100 Euros more expensive ?
I wanted to buy one, but they are kind of expensive, and I will have to go to E-bay to get one of those, don't think I have that kind of amp at my local guitar shop.
Anyway, thanks for the infos.
Quote by adyhendrixc
Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No, but its sterile and I like the taste.
It is definitely worth saving and extra 100 euros. To play metal/hard rock you would need to boost the Valveking with an OD. An OD will cost you at least 50 euros anyway.
An OD pedal through a tube amp ? I call that madness !
Anyway, I am kind of tight on the budget. Need to buy a wah pedal and the pair of EMGs, probably replace my bridge and tuners for my guitar, you know. Also, I've played through the Valveking at the local guitar shop, and it sounds really good. It may sound just a liiiiiittle bit muddy, but nothing a new Celestion speaker which can't solve.
Still open for suggestions, people, let them flow !
Quote by adyhendrixc
Quote by Eklips
>>>>>> An OD pedal through a tube amp ? I call that madness !<<<<<

Anyway, I am kind of tight on the budget. Need to buy a wah pedal and the pair of EMGs, probably replace my bridge and tuners for my guitar, you know. Also, I've played through the Valveking at the local guitar shop, and it sounds really good. It may sound just a liiiiiittle bit muddy, but nothing a new Celestion speaker which can't solve.
Still open for suggestions, people, let them flow !

Joking?
I don't know, excepting the fact that I get more gain, doesn't it change the tone of the amp by some ? It might be my misconception anyway.
Quote by adyhendrixc
Tightens the bass more, generally will push your amp into more "metal-ish" tones.
Oh, I understand, dunno, will have to try one for myself and see.
Anymore suggestions, people ?
Quote by adyhendrixc
Recently I have stumbled upon some Peavey Vypyr 60 Combo Amp clips, and it sounds REALLY good, being around the same price. Any thaughts on it ?
Quote by adyhendrixc
If you like the sound of the Peavey 6505+ more than you like the VK, you should definatly save up for the 6505+, never settle for second best, especially when it's only 100 euro difference.

A Vypyr isn't a tube amp, if you're looking for a tube amp.

Also, OD pedals with tube amps is pretty much common place, most guitarists that you listen to probably do it, even Zakk Wylde. It's definatly not madness.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
I'll have to test out the 6505+ for myself to be convinced. From the clips, it sounds really awesome. Dunno when that's going to happen tho, don't think they have one of those at my local guitar shop.

And about a OD pedal, would you mind recommend me a good one with a good sound/price ratio ?
Quote by adyhendrixc
Yeah, good thinking, always try before you buy.
But also, don't just buy the VK because it's the best amp in your local shop, if you can travel to the nearest city or whatever to check out some more amps, then you should do that.

Well, there are many different OD pedals, Ibanez Tubescreamer (or copy) tends to be pretty standard though... with the 6505+ though, you probably wouldn't need one.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by Eklips
An OD pedal through a tube amp ? I call that madness !

wut? that's what zakk wylde does.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/peavey_6505_112_combo.htm

it's about 60 euro over...

peavey windsor might be worth a look, too.

engl is releasing a 15 watter soon (i haven't tried it), dude in the video said it wasn't a metal amp (though it sounded fairly high gain to me) would be around your budget too, i think.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Told you, I have to test the amp out, because at this moment, I'm just in love with the Valveking tone.

One short question, is the Valveking/6505 loud enough for gigs ?
Quote by adyhendrixc
Quote by Eklips
One short question, is the Valveking/6505 loud enough for gigs ?

Yes.