I'm gonna slim this down as much as possible so:
*Im 17 will be 18 in june
*Shes 16 will be 17 in june
*I have never harmed her or her parents or their property
*They are saying they are getting a RO on me
*She basically is living with me but sleeps at her uncles house
In kentucky(ugh,inbred I know.I moved here recently) can they legally stop us from seeing each other?Due to a circumstance she may be able to get emancipated soon.Any help?
Nice boys don't play rock n' roll...Im not a nice boy and I never was
Last edited by Johny Burninate at May 27, 2010,
good luck with it but you know those rednecks :p be glad you're not black or they would've made a carpet of your hide!!
dude, you messed up something. Why would they get a RO on you?
Quote by God
I'm Omnipotent, which is to say that my dick eats both meat and plants

Ronnie and Steele, Rockstars today aint half as real.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio & Peter Steele
Well if you want to know about first-hand experiences of getting restraining orders you've come to the right place.

Quote by shmikeyboy
Restraining order is the least of your problems...

████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by JY-Rasputin
dude, you messed up something. Why would they get a RO on you?

Her parents severally dislike me.I stood up to her dad when he was yelling.I never threatened or attacked him.Her mother attacked her the other day(like busted like and scratches all over,attacked) which is why she is staying here.
I would venture to say they can do something legally if you're 18 and she's not. I would also venture to say they would have to have some moderately compelling evidence to warrant a restraining order. It's Kentucky, anything ****ing dumb and crazy can happen.
Quote by Johny Burninate
Her parents severally dislike me.I stood up to her dad when he was yelling.I never threatened or attacked him.Her mother attacked her the other day(like busted like and scratches all over,attacked) which is why she is staying here.

seems like you've got a pretty strong case there. They can't do anything without a single piece of evidence.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by SG_dave
You just reffered to your girlfriends family as inbred

So you think she's inbred too.

Lol I was referring to the state in general. But,yeah,I would venture to say if her step dad isn't inbred then...well....
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Why exactly are you getting into it with a girl like that anyway?

A girl like what?It's her family with the issues.She has never done anything to me.
And the title for least useful reply in this thread goes to *Drumroll*

Everyone.
Not a damn person in here said anything useful.

The short answer is, No, they can't force her to get a restraining order in kentucky, unless there is at least a 3 year age difference.

They can get a restraining order themselves, to where you can't go on there property though.

They can also make her life extremely difficult, so unless she plans on cutting all ties with her family maybe you need to be the bigger man and break it off until you are both financially independent.
Last edited by Neodrivesageo at May 27, 2010,
Quote by Neodrivesageo

Everyone.

The short answer is, No, they can't force her to get a restraining order in kentucky, unless there is at least a 3 year age difference.

They can get a restraining order themselves, to where you can't go on there property though.

They can also make her life extremely difficult, so unless she plans on cutting all ties with her family maybe you need to be the bigger man and break it off until you are both financially independent.

Welcome to the forums, buddy.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Neodrivesageo

Everyone.

This made me laugh more than anything else posted here.

Formspring

Quote by guitarxo

<--- this is a symbol of being awesome
Quote by Neodrivesageo

Everyone.

Thanks.If she is living with someone else in what way can they make her life worse?I don't think leaving someone to their abusive parents is the bigger thing to do
Haha, thanks Kensai.

To think this is the thread that made me register.

Well nothing is definitive, but most 16 year olds still rely on there parents even once they move out. I'm assuming since you're 17 "Living with someone else" means living with you and your mom. That's not gonna last forever. Neither is a rebellious teenage relationship.
Nothings' written in stone though.
Quote by Neodrivesageo
Haha, thanks Kensai.

To think this is the thread that made me register.

Well nothing is definitive, but most 16 year olds still rely on there parents even once they move out. I'm assuming since you're 17 "Living with someone else" means living with you and your mom. That's not gonna last forever. Neither is a rebellious teenage relationship.

I move out june 6th
Quote by Neodrivesageo

^this

I was dating this girl when I was younger, and her family was going to move out to Montana. She ran away to my house, and they actualy left her here, but that didn't last long before her parents tried making our lives hell with all of this legal shit trying to get her back. Sadly, in the end she had to leave.

But try working through this if you feel like shes worth it man.
Ibanez RGA 121
Seagull Enourage
Peavey Ultra+
Marshall 1960B

Quote by Macabre_Turtle
You have my sword, espnukka.

Quote by smartalec007
And my bow!

Quote by The Buttmonkey
And my Axe!