Well, this is the deal. I'm getting an electric guitar this year, probably for ~3 months. I've been to a shop to check out some of them. I instantly fell in love with a Rhoads-body Jackson. It's got Jackson pickups, 24 frets, but no tremolo. It costs about 460$.

Now, I love Children of Bodom, and I always wanted to play their songs. I know Alexi likes using the tremolo. I know I can play without it, but yeah. (and I don't like the Rhoads body guitar because Alexi has it, I just adore it)

So, that led me to another guitar. It was a Dinky-body Jackson, Duncan pickups, I believe 24 frets, and a Floyd Rose. It seems to be better than the Rhoads one, the price is either same or ~20$ more.

The problem is, I hate the Dinky one, and love the Rhoads one. Any suggestions?

I know that I can buy a tremolo as a spare part, but I heard it can cost quite a bit (you can tell me the price!). Thanks in advance!
Do you know the exact models or do you have a link to them somewhere online. I'm in the UK so $ prices don't mean so much.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
you need to get what you like more or you won't wanna pick up the guitar as much as you should!
Well, I don't know the exact models, because the shop doesn't have almost any marks. Only 1/5 of the guitars has the price on them. All I know is that the Rhoads has Jackson pickups, 24 frets, no whammy, and the Dinky Duncan pickups, 24 frets, Floyd Rose. I'll see if I can find it on the net.
http://bavasmusic.com.au/store/images/images_big/RR3.jpg

This is a Randy Rhoads RR3

It has the Seymour Duncan pickups and the Floyd Rose, I nearly bought one here in the U.K for about £400.....Evne though it was an amzing guitar to play, i didn't purchase it because the pickups weren't what i was looking for.

You should consider trying to find one of these and give it a go

Hope i could be of some help
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
Esp-Ltd Kh-202
Custom '86 Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez JS-100
Peavy Bandit 65
Line 6 Spider iii 30
Zoom G2
It's possible that this is the Rhoads one. Thanks for the links archenemy and Outlaw, but I don't really purchase from the net.

I agree with lordorock, I think it would really be better to buy the one I like more. Anyone knows the price of a Floyd Rose?
Quote by Ubijmo Se
It's possible that this is the Rhoads one. Thanks for the links archenemy and Outlaw, but I don't really purchase from the net.

I agree with lordorock, I think it would really be better to buy the one I like more. Anyone knows the price of a Floyd Rose?

wow thats the cheapest jackson RR actually...for 460$ thats a RIP OFF!
Don't waste your time thinking about putting a Floyd Rose into a guitar at that price point. By the time you've bought the trem, paid someone to install it properly and possibly had to route out some of the body work to take it you'll have spent more than the guitar cost!

If the one you've linked to is the guitar you've seen at $460 I'd say it's bloody expensive and perhaps you should consider buying off the internet!

If you're that determined to get an RR shaped guitar I'd suggest you try looking at an RX10D which has a locking trem on it already and I found at Guitar Center for $499. Having said that, if it was me, I'd save for longer and get the RR3 if I had to buy that shape guitar because it is significantly better than the RX10D (about $200 more I think).

Truth be told I wouldn't get either of them. Why? Because for the price of an RR3 there are better guitars available and because there is definitely better guitars for the money than an RX10D! For the same price as an RX10D you could buy an Ibanez S420, which uses superior wood, is better built and has a superior trem unit (one of the best available actually). It also has greater tonal options available and you're probably less likely to grow out of it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Last edited by Doadman at May 27, 2010,
Quote by Ubijmo Se
It's possible that this is the Rhoads one.

Don't buy it, it's not worth 460$

Anyone knows the price of a Floyd Rose?

A good one is about 150$, but it is not easy to install a Floyd Rose on a guitar... better save your money for a RR3

EDIT: ^ this
but if you really want a Rhoads with FR, get an RR3.
Last edited by clayman696 at May 27, 2010,
I know guys, I'm aware of this. It's just that, Croatia's a small country. The choice is VERY small.

Guitars that would cost about 200$ in America usually cost about 3 times as much here. There's a guitar in that shop that costs a bit more than 1500$. The only difference from the other guitars is that it has EMG pickups. Everything else is standard. And someone has linked an Alexi Blacky guitar with EMG pickups, FR, and such for ~460$.

I'll see if I can buy it from the net, but I'm not sure.