I got an offer to trade my 1997 Sunburst CIJ Jaguar for a mint Fender Competition Mustang(non-matching headstock) plus $150 cash. I originally bought my Jaguar for $650 on eBay, so is this a good trade?
Thanks guys.
Last edited by got time at May 27, 2010,
well there both around the same price, so i guess with the bonus $150 its a pretty good deal.
http://www.youtube.com/user/charliegray12212

check out my youtube channel for guitar covers.

Quote by Radman_Paiza
I saw it with my dudefriend. But I'm totally not gay, because I have a girlfriend. She's imaginary, but atleast I have one.
That is funny how they are both also cars, though a $650 Jag wouldn't be very good.
Quote by RockInPeaceDime
I thought you were talking about cars =/

Same, except I thought he was trading a guitar for a car.
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by twat
That is funny how they are both also cars, though a $650 Jag wouldn't be very good.

bought it used for $650. Actually is a pretty sweet sounding guitar, that's why i'm having a hard time deciding. Thanks for the input guys.
I thought he was trading his guitar for a computer, mustang (guitar) and cash
Have you tried a mustang? they have an extremely thin nut width, not good for much soloing. I personally find that they may feel similar, but the jaguar is much more versatile. consider that the Mustang was originally a student guitar, and the jaguar was a professional instrument. I'm not saying that the quality will be any less, but the jaguar in my opinion is a much more practical design. Just play the mustang before you trade, decide if you like it enough to give up your jaguar.
I want you to put on your pretty summer dress
You can wear your Easter bonnet and all the rest
And I wanna make love to you yes, yes, yes when the healing has begun
-Van the Fuckin' Man
Quote by Frames4ever
Have you tried a mustang? they have an extremely thin nut width, not good for much soloing.

Depends on the mustang actually, I have a 66' with a very thick neck on it for a Mustang. Also, I have a Jag-Stang, the neck is the same as the 69' reissue Mustangs, including the Compstang version, and it's the fastest feeling guitar for me in the house when it comes to soloing.

Trade it if you want to but know what you're getting into. I had a Jaguar HH that I traded for a 66' Mustang, I use that 66' Mustang a lot more than I did the Jaguar HH, reaosn being that I use a lot of vibrato bar, and the Mustang has one, and can get some of the same sounds (The Jaguar HH uses weak humbuckers and 1 meg pots, whereas the Mustang uses weak single coils and 250K pots and comes out sounding close in some settings). It's all preference, I'd say not to buy before you try out the Mustang though. If that 66' sucked, I would have kept the Jaguar.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)