http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Kwonnie/music/play842343

Called 'Underneath'. If you have time, please check out my band's 'Darker Than Black' as well. :]

All tracks done by me via POD X3; drums and synths sequenced in Reason.

EDIT:
Remastered: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Kwonnie/music/play842459

EDIT 2:
Second Remastering: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Kwonnie/music/play846024
Last edited by Kwonnie at Jun 3, 2010,
You gotta work on the tone... it's pretty boring and doesn't sound very good to me. The song itself was decent though. Good job.
More balls, really. It sounds steelish and boring. Do you use Gearbox or Pod Farm for your tones? If so, I can give you some tones to work with.

But as general EQ tips, up the mids and bass and down the treble a bit. It sounds too scratchy as it is right now.
Quote by Eryth
More balls, really. It sounds steelish and boring. Do you use Gearbox or Pod Farm for your tones? If so, I can give you some tones to work with.

But as general EQ tips, up the mids and bass and down the treble a bit. It sounds too scratchy as it is right now.

Sure, I have Gearbox.
I actually used another's preset for this recording and forgot to tweak the settings a bit before laying down the tracks.
The tone on DtB is way better than on Underneath (at least, in my opinion).

For the rest, both are good (though the diminished licks in Underneath got, well, repetitive. I blame my recent DM binge)
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Extremely Born of Osiris-like indeed, but you did it well. You've got really good stuff on your profile.
Quote by Slicer666
The tone on DtB is way better than on Underneath (at least, in my opinion).

For the rest, both are good (though the diminished licks in Underneath got, well, repetitive. I blame my recent DM binge)

They were unbelievably difficult too xD
I used the same preset and EQing for both songs, btw. The only difference was the mastering, really.
Last edited by Kwonnie at May 27, 2010,
im in agreeance, i think the guitars need a little more oomph. i'd like to know what you're using for sequencing drums (samples? dfh? superior drummer?)
Quote by z4twenny
im in agreeance, i think the guitars need a little more oomph. i'd like to know what you're using for sequencing drums (samples? dfh? superior drummer?)

Reason.
I'll continue working on my tone. Just got my POD X3 yesterday. New experience for me. ;o
I like it a lot, although I think some parts are a little too - is unsaturated the right word? - like there should have been some kind of ambient track in the background or something to fill out the sound a little more.

It's cool though.
Quote by jfreyvogel
I like it a lot, although I think some parts are a little too - is unsaturated the right word? - like there should have been some kind of ambient track in the background or something to fill out the sound a little more.

It's cool though.

Thank you :]
It was pretty average, and your tone seriously lacks bottom end. Darker than Black, on the other hand, was quite cool.

EDIT: Your covers are pretty good as well.
Last edited by CrimsonBizzare at May 27, 2010,
apart from the tone like other people said i thought your ideas for the riffs and the execution of the riffs was sick as!

really liked checking your stuff out dude
got some real deec ideas in there, maybe try to mix it up a bit and throw in riffs that wouldent normally suit the style, but make them fit? lol

and try adding to the drums a bit, they sounded a bit bare?

cant say anything bad about it though, or any of your songs for that matter

very well thought out and played

so yeah, goodtimes man

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1319090

ta
Quote by alexgepgepgep
like getting punched in the face with awesome

Quote by diler1089
"I am Osiris" at 2.22 i like how it goes "BA-BA-BA-BA---Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba---BA-BA--Ba-Ba-

its badass.

FAIR ONE
Can anybody actually tell me how to FIX the tone? -_-"
And yeah; I'll get on that crit I suppose.
While its not the type of metal I like to listen to, its a well constructed song all the same. I love what you do about 45 seconds in, that sounds awesome.

My suggestions would be maybe ad a little more bass to your tone, or take out a bit of treble. Maybe turn down the level on your cymbals a tad. It may just be my laptop speakers talking though, so I cant say that critique is entirely accurate, its just that the intro sounded a little thin.

Still, a very awesome song. You are very talented. Also loved your picture XD
I need a guitar buddy to teach me what I don't already know who wants to be my friend ???
I actually really enjoyed the song. Real nice guitar playing. I agree with some of the above comments though. THe guitar tone is really steelish and scratchy. Work on that a bit and i think you'll have a really good sounding song there. Mad props on the guitar playing!

Check out my song
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1320013
Let me know what you think!
-JErod
The scratch is likely from my strings, pick, or pickups. I'm willing to bet a combination of all three. This song is hard as hell though; rerecording's gonna be a total bitch.
Dude, I checked out both those songs and some of the others on your profile, I gotta say, they are all freaking epic. Very impressed by all the great guitar work, the riffs are incredibly heavy, and the solos just blow your mind with how fast and intricate they are. Well done.
^ Thanks, man. Just accepted the friend request. I'll pump out some more songs soon. I have thirty songs from my band waiting to be recorded so expect at least three more very soon.
Second remastering up along with a The Devil Wears Prada cover. I covered the low end some more so it should sound a bit fuller. Check it out, all!
Listening to Underneath (second mastering), awesome song. Only things i can pick out really are the guitar tone, to much high end and not enough lows/mids i think. Kicks felt like they could do with a little more 'click' but otherwise i liked the production on the track, nice job.

Take a listen to some of my tracks if you get a chance:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1323062
Thanks