So I have been looking for a new amp that has less "grittiness" and muddiness to it but still had plenty of gain. I tried a few mesas but was not feeling the clean channel too much. I have someone offfering me his Marshall DSL 2000, a standard Gibson SG (1 year old) + 600 bucks for my orange RV50 head and matching 4x12 cab.

I was digging the Marshall DSL amp and definetly need a smalled cab (which I can buy with the extra 600 bucks).

What do you guys think about the trade off here? Should I take it? am I going to be dissapointed with the marshall DSL 2000 compared to the rockerverb 50.
Current Gear

Bogner Uberschall
Mesa Dual Rectifier (Old Version)
Orange Closed Back 2x12 Cab with V30's
PRS Custom 24 Top 10 with 57/08 pickups
Schecter Hellraiser
Breedlove Atlas AD20
A bunch of pedals
sounds like an alright deal your getting a lot for it
depends whether you like the sound of the DSL really i think i'd prefer the rockerverb but some may prefer the DSL
In my opinion Orange is better than the DSL 2000. Would rather sell the Rockerverb and get a Mesa Stiletto (possibly second hand) - GREAT cleans for EL84's, tight sounding gain. Pretty much my dream amp.

Orange cabs are some of the best out there so won't sell that, just the head.
This guy knows he'll be buying quality, hence the reason for the gibby and cash.
My opinion of course, Do what you want.
both really good amps, but id say the orange is probably better imo. but if the marshall gets what youre going for, do it. the oranges have more body and are thicker and whatnot, but the marshalls have more top end.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
All 3 of those are worth more than yours, I'd probably take it just because I love the SG Standard... The DSLs sound great with a boost, but not so much a fan without one. Oranges are good amps, but I feel you on the muddiness. Have you tried a boost? If anything, you can sell the DSL and get something different. They often sell in the $600-800 range.

Quote by Charlie4
In my opinion Orange is better than the DSL 2000. Would rather sell the Rockerverb and get a Mesa Stiletto (possibly second hand) - GREAT cleans for EL34's, tight sounding gain. Pretty much my dream amp.

Orange cabs are some of the best out there so won't sell that, just the head.
This guy knows he'll be buying quality, hence the reason for the gibby and cash.
My opinion of course, Do what you want.

Fix'd
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
All 3 of those are worth more than yours, I'd probably take it just because I love the SG Standard... The DSLs sound great with a boost, but not so much a fan without one. Oranges are good amps, but I feel you on the muddiness. Have you tried a boost? If anything, you can sell the DSL and get something different. They often sell in the $600-800 range.

Fix'd

Oh yeah, the reason why I am selling it is becuase of the muddiness - I am torn because I realize how frickin awesome the orange amp head sounds along with the cab. Problem is that I want a smaller cab also. You gotta do what you gotta do sometimes
Current Gear

Bogner Uberschall
Mesa Dual Rectifier (Old Version)
Orange Closed Back 2x12 Cab with V30's
PRS Custom 24 Top 10 with 57/08 pickups
Schecter Hellraiser
Breedlove Atlas AD20
A bunch of pedals
Orange cabs are friggen awesome dude. Either way, you're getting a lot in return. I PERSONALLY would not do this trade but that's just because I'm not a fan of the DSL. Try the head out, if you like it do it up, if not say thanks but no thanks.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
Every Orange I've ever tried has been muddy without a top boost. No idea why they EQ them so dark, but I guess it works for some people.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.