So i've come to the conclusion that i need to upgrade my gear so i've been looking at the Pod X3 Live, Boss GT-10, and some good tube amps. I currently have a $700-800 dollar budget and i would like to know which would be the best choice for me.

Gear.
- I currently own a Spider IV 15W, so im tonally challenged.
- My current rig does not support recording, or basically anything i want i just have the ability to jam and practice.

What i want from my new gear.

- I want the ability to record.
- I also want the ability to create lots of good tones, or just get that screaming lead tone i was looking for. Pretty my "my" tone.
- I want something with at least a decent amount of effects, i can buy pedals eventually and i dont need to get my rig done all at once.

What i won't do with my gear.
- I dont plan on gigging anytime soon

If you were wondering my style of playing is rock, metal, death metal, classical, some soft stuff but mostly rock. For example bands like van halen, firewind, dream theater, etc..

Any help I receive is much appreciated! I will be going 2moro to purchase my new rig so any input could help a ton!!
x3 Live
Blues isn't hard to play, but it is hard to feel.

-Someone on the forum
have a look at the blackstar ht20, and a boss me 70 or a line 6 pod
Last edited by britishsligean at May 27, 2010,
Just buy a cheap toneport then. Same thing as a POD XT, except it's on your computer, and a lot cheaper.

On that budget, I wouldn't bother with a multi-fx, because you could get a pretty good amp that would last you years, if you put all your budget towards it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^This.

A Toneport, maybe even the GX if you wanna cheap out. Spend the money you save on some gooood monitors and you'll have a killer setup. It's what I use for practising and recording.
Could someone give me a link to the toneport so i can check it out? At this moment in time im checking out all possibilities.
Quote by Sagemaster44
Could someone give me a link to the toneport so i can check it out? At this moment in time im checking out all possibilities.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-TonePort-UX1-USB-Recording-Modeling-Interface-103373676-i1126366.gc

Has an input for a mic as well, so if you do get a new amp, you can buy a mic and mic it up.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by WtrPlyr
Wow those things are cheap in America. Over here the GX is even more expensive.

Yeah, I thought they were more too.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
OKAY This looks a lot cheaper and way better lol So let me get this straight i would buy this then plug it into my computer VIA USB, jack in my guitar, link the toneport to the amp and just jam?
Quote by Sagemaster44
OKAY This looks a lot cheaper and way better lol So let me get this straight i would buy this then plug it into my computer VIA USB, jack in my guitar, link the toneport to the amp and just jam?

Well... I guess you could plug it into the amp, I've done it before, but that's not what it's designed for.

It's mainly a recording interface, you can jam on your computer with headphones.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com