Your planning to move, but all of a sudden, a girl comes into your life...

For a couple of months now I have been planning to move to LA and tomorrow Im going to LA to pick out my apartment but Im not officially moving until july 3rd. Me and this girl from school just started talking and we have been doing...stuff...shes not my girlfriend but shes asking me why i have to leave and telling me "perfect timing"...but she seems like shes half kidding and half serious. I plan on staying in la for 6 months and than returning to NY unless something big happens for me out in LA, than ill stay longer...Im very much into this girl and she seems to be into me...but we have been moving pretty fast...we hung out once and didnt do ANYTHING, but the other night i went to her house and...yeah...Im gonna miss her a lot but would it be wise of me to just drop all of my plans for a girl ive only known three months and on top of that, we've only been talking like this for like three weeks...Would you guys drop all of your plans for a guy/girl or just hope that fate brings you guys back together? its kinda corny, but im in need of advice..thanks
Life is a film, you the film maker
I honestly find that the fastest moving relationships are the shortest. Don't do something that you may regret and continue with your moves.

Who knows, when you come back maybe she will be waiting for you.
The relationship thread might be a good place to ask.

I'd drop my plans
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
No because that is stupid, retarded, moronic, idiotic, etc.

If you do, you're a lonely bastard. There's pussy in LA too, bud.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by sashki
6 months isn't forever. Move out, "do your thang" in LA, stay in contact with her, and you'll be happy to see one another when you return.

this is really good advice..but what if she finds someone else while im gone...?
I'm willing to bet once you get to LA you will lose any feelings that you have for her. All moving will do is speed up the whole process.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Depends what the move is for. If you have a guaranteed, decent job or a good university place or whatever, I don't see the point of losing that chance for something which could turn into nothing in a matter of weeks.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by ~DeadPoetsNow~
this is really good advice..but what if she finds someone else while im gone...?

Then nothing tells you she won't while you're still not gone.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
There's loads of ways of keeping in touch: e-mail, social networking, texts/calls, instant messaging. Do that.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by Don_Humpador
Fixed.

I was actually going to put that
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by entity0009
Depends what the move is for. If you have a guaranteed, decent job or a good university place or whatever, I don't see the point of losing that chance for something which could turn into nothing in a matter of weeks.

Im just moving to get out of ny for a bit (been here my whole 20 years of life) and to act
Quote by damian_91
Then nothing tells you she won't while you're still not gone.

wow, this is so true, she could definantly find someone else even if i stay...
Quote by RockGuitar92
I'm willing to bet once you get to LA you will lose any feelings that you have for her. All moving will do is speed up the whole process.

so you think when i move to la, ill lose me feelings for her? why?
Quote by ~DeadPoetsNow~
so you think when i move to la, ill lose me feelings for her? why?

You won't have any face to face contact. It will all be long distance and considering you've only been talking a short time I really doubt you will stay interested and she won't either.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Just move. Things aren't as perfect as in your female's perfume drenched mind in the real world. Trust me.
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
Dear god, jsut go.

You'll regret it your whole life. And if she feels that way about you, she'll still be there upon return.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Pics and we'll tell you if it's worth it.

Someone had to
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Quote by ~DeadPoetsNow~
i really appreciate all of the advice..thanks

Wow. I just noticed your sig. Ironyyyyyyyyyyy
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
Wow. I just noticed your sig. Ironyyyyyyyyyyy

i know, its douchey...eh, whatev
Take her with you. Just pack her into your suitcase along with your skid-marked tighty-whiteys and everything will work out.
I wouldn't, a girl isn't worth it. What you feel now won't last, just go on with your plans.
2010's Sexiest Female Uger

If you drop your plans for her but you're not even dating, trust me, she'll most likely lose all interest in you. You could also scare her. You see, many girls have that nasty habit of being attracted by what they can't have, and if you don't go, it won't lead you anywhere.

You lose the girl, you don't move to LA as planned, and you're screwed. Hard.

The good option is to leave, but keep in touch with said girl. Then you have six months to potentially find someone else, until you make a triumphant return and... profit!
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
I would leave dude, what if it doesn't workout with this girl? Then you'll be kicking yourself in the ass
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
I would personally go forth with my previous plans of moving out to LA if I were in your situation. I especially wouldn't let go of that if I had been fooling around with someone for a few months and they wanted me to stay. I'm all for going forth with finding your dreams. It's your life and you have to make your decisions. You do what you think would be best.
Take her with you?
/stupid romantic idealism
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ The aeroplane
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ flies high, turns
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ left, looks right.
If i was in this situation i would go easily. But i'd also ask her to come with me, not in like a romantic movie type way, but just say "Hey, come with me to LA?". She might say yes, You don't know until you ask really.
Sweet.
Quote by TomusAM
There are tons of girls in LA

This, you'll have to beat em off with a stick.

Or leave the beating to them, wutevs.
Explain to her before you leave that you will be coming back in 6 months and when that time comes, then you can continue what you started. Then go to L.A. When you get back to NY and she still wants something to work out between you two, then she's a keeper. If she's already moved on when you get back, then you know it probably wouldn't have lasted in the first place.