So I'm looking for an larger sized keyboard (as the one I have now is only 49 keys) and I find a 73 key keyboard that comes with a pedal, a stand and a case for only $250. I e-mailed her about it asking for a picture and the condition, she said that it's 20 years old however she still uses it for gigs so it's (probably) in good condition. But my mom is worried since the keyboard is so old that if I buy it something could go wrong with it soon.

So Pit, does a 20 year old keyboard run the risk of conking out on me? I'll post the picture she sent me if you guys want it.
Rush Rocks

Quote by Braiton
If Beiber is our generation's Cobain I can't see how that is a bad thing.
Just make sure the shotgun is loaded.
The electronics are solid state, so if something DOES go wrong, it's going to be a mechanical part like the keys. If it's still used for gigs on a regular basis, I'd think it was in pretty good condition.
Someone has to...

seriously though if it's in good condition now and looks well maintained then it should last you awhile.
Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"
I have a keyboard from '87. That's 4 years older than I am. It works perfectly apart from one key which has lost its velocity sensitivity.

My advice would be to try it out first though, even a new keyboard can break.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Well these have been delightfully helpful responses, I was gonna try it out first anyway, but to entity, is it possible to get that fixed for a reasonable price?
Rush Rocks

Quote by Braiton
If Beiber is our generation's Cobain I can't see how that is a bad thing.
Just make sure the shotgun is loaded.
Quote by Jusman
Well these have been delightfully helpful responses, I was gonna try it out first anyway, but to entity, is it possible to get that fixed for a reasonable price?

I've never bothered looking into getting it fixed, it's the very lowest key so I don't use it anyway. But I reckon it's just a mechanical issue, part of the key's snapped off or become dislodged or something, so it would probably be pretty easy and therefore cheap to fix.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Just get an M-Audio Keystation ES. They are pretty cheap and you'll have money to spare for a stand and pedal.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Just get an M-Audio Keystation ES. They are pretty cheap and you'll have money to spare for a stand and pedal.

Just had a look at this myself. Might take your advice on this one, I've started learning some classical pieces on my keyboard and the keyboard I have in the house isn't the greatest. Only 5 octaves and the keys are unweighted. This may be a wise investment!
My Last.FM

"The more you think, the better you're going to play. That should be a quote somewhere."
- Marty Friedman
Quote by COBGage
Just had a look at this myself. Might take your advice on this one, I've started learning some classical pieces on my keyboard and the keyboard I have in the house isn't the greatest. Only 5 octaves and the keys are unweighted. This may be a wise investment!

Unweighted keys are horrible for classical! I had a keyboard like yours for the first 6 or 7 years I was learning piano, it was hell!

I feel your pain. Take the plunge!
Quote by Declan87
Unweighted keys are horrible for classical! I had a keyboard like yours for the first 6 or 7 years I was learning piano, it was hell!

I feel your pain. Take the plunge!

I think I will do. Next time I get paid I'll make the upgrade.
My Last.FM

"The more you think, the better you're going to play. That should be a quote somewhere."
- Marty Friedman
Quote by COBGage

Oh then nevermind. The Keystation ES is not properly weighted. They call it "semi weighted" but it feels pretty crap for classical.

Look into the Casio PX-130. Great sound, weighted and graded keys, minimal features, come with a pedal. It's the cheapest one I saw for this class at $400.

I think the M Audio Keystation Pro is around the same price.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at May 28, 2010,
****!
I thought we were talking computer keyboards for such a long time.
I was wondering what the hell kind of a keyboard had a pedal and stand.
I'm tired... Leave me alone. Shit's blurry.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by timbit2006
****!
I thought we were talking computer keyboards for such a long time.
I was wondering what the hell kind of a keyboard had a pedal and stand.
I'm tired... Leave me alone. Shit's blurry.