Page 1 of 3
life has been good since graduation five years ago,, but sometimes i have those moments where i hear a song i liked back then and start missing it like a mthrfkr.

Mostly about how simple life was and how innocent we all were, crowned in teenage glory and meaningless eliticism, brought up with a halo of hope before life and time condemns us to mediocrity.

Id do anything to have those days back.

/sad
To see my friends yeh I am sort of bummed out. But the whole high school experience, hell no.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
I'm still in there, but I'm sure I'll mis it next year. I'm having a lot of fun at the moment with those folks.
What Casinator said. Right now it's nothing, but as soon as I graduate I'll probably miss it.
Yes I miss it sometimes, mostly the fact that you see your friends everyday and just have fun. Also you don't have to do any hard work, that's completely different now though

Student life is more awesome though.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
I sometimes miss going out with my schoolfriends, but not the actual school. Rules and stupid uniforms and meaningless social cliques. Uni is treating me much better.
I miss my school friends, but I get to see most of them over the holidays (which I have a lot of)
As for work, I've finished my first year of uni (got one exam left to do) and I think my last two years of school had a much greater workload.
Last edited by sashki at May 27, 2010,
I know for a fact that when I do leave, I am going to miss it.
I'm not great at making friends, i'm "insociable" and I'll probably miss the company of some friends.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
yes. It was fun, I took it as long as I could, 6yrs....haha. College was probably better though.
I miss the sense of security and not having to worry about anything. It's about to be my third year of college, and I'm constantly under stress about securing roommates for my apartment so that I won't have to pay $2000 in rent by myself, career anxieties, money anxieties, legal problems, and other real personal issues.

I'll take the college courses and people over high school's any day though.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Let me see......
- Censorship of heavy metal at guitar concerts running rampant due to old fogies
- Having friend's who's fundie christian parents hate me because of my long hair
- Trying to form bands to play parties and having to listen to hours of Rockstar B.S.
- Not being allowed to go to the bathroom because "it's a privilege, not a right"
- All the insecurity and hormone driven idocy of being a teenager
- Not being allowed to drive
- Everyone being a part of some retarded social clique that I'm never a part of
- Having to threaten harm that would get me sued now to get bullies off my back
- Having to go through with said harm to get the bullies off my back
- Homework every night, and getting bitched at when I fail at it
- Being told how "hard" being an adult is when there are less rules
- Being pressured by everyone to do well, do drugs, do this, or do that
- Riding on a bus with a bitch of a driver who steals walkman and Game Boys
- Being told about the wonders of the internet but not being allowed to use it
- Being made fun of for liking 80's rock and not having the balls yet to stand my ground
- Being rejected by high strung premadonna brats for dances because I"m not popular
- Being lied to by teachers about how you'll make millions if you get into this job or that job, I was one of the few who saw the truth early, thank god.
- Popularity contests, the teacher's pet, being yelled at for being late for no reason of my own, walking home 10 miles from detention because mom had to sleep for work that night....you can take it all!

I have one thing to say
**** HIGH SCHOOL
I'm glad it's over
I never want to set another foot in there again
My adult life has been like heaven on earth compared to those dark and dreary days.
And just like an above poster, I STILL have nightmares about it.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
I miss certain parts of it. I had a blast my senior year and miss hanging out with some of my friends I don't see anymore. I also miss not being broke all the time lol. That being said, I am loving the college life

^Glad I didn't go to your high school lol.
Last edited by turncoat60% at May 27, 2010,
I already am scared to death of leaving High School, and Im just a sophomore...sophomore year is going to be the best year of my life
High school sucked, but the simplicity of it all, yes.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Yeah I miss a lot of it. I miss the people, I miss our stupid inside jokes, I miss being able to **** around and not fall behind, I miss the school events, stuff like that. I miss the "fun" part of highschool. I however do not miss the INSANE amount of pressure I was under in my senior year. Grad, hugely important grades, all highest level classes with no spares, prom, final year, important game/track meet twice, sometimes 3 times a week, all in one year was too much to deal with. However University of Toronto is ****ing awesome, so I miss it less and less every day.
No, because they had no art programs and no music scene. I do miss my friends, but I've made new ones.
2010's Sexiest Female Uger

I miss the days when I could spend my entire evenings during the week playing video games since there was virtually no studying and very little homework to be done.
Most of it, yeah.
I miss the fact that I could always count on my friends being there. Which made things a lot better, considering the fact that school was literally my only way I had to get out of my house. Now I rarely hear from them, and I'm not really the best at making new friends, especially considering this town offers few to no opportunities to socialize.
Even beyond that, I miss the things I got to be involved with. Music festivals, the shows I helped put on, etc. It was stressful, but I had a lot of fun doing it.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Last edited by sadSTATUE at May 27, 2010,
Nah, school was ok/good, but university was far better.
...Bleep Bloop...
God no.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Meh. There are some nice aspects (such as seeing your friends every day) but overall post-high school education is much better.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
I don't miss the schoolwork, not that we actually did much of it anyway, but I miss the people (teachers included, mine were a great bunch). We had some really good times.
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
well i have to say i really don't miss it, i moved from michigan to denver the day of my graduation party, just to get the hell out of that state, and away from everyone, i grew up in a really small town where people didn't go anywhere, and i didn't want to be like that, so i booked it as soon as it was possible. i will not even go near that building anymore, i don't want to deal with it.
I'M GONNA GIVE YOU A BAD CASE OF SOMEONE SHOT ME IN THE HEAD!!!
I think I enjoyed it, there were good things about it, but I wouldn't like to relive it. There was shitty things that happened too, and petty things that we worried about that really weren't important but we spent our lives getting upset over them. I'm leaving school tomorrow. The last two years have been the best - I've met people who had gone to my school as long as I have, but I'd never even spoken to them. :'(

I think I'll miss the security of being able to go to school every day and not have to worry about whether people think I'm weird It's also disconcerting knowing that I might not even get into Uni this year, it all depends on 3 grades I get in August, and that sucks. I'd like to know now whether or not I've got in, thanks.
Last edited by ClaraLee at May 27, 2010,
Quote by Mad-Mike_J83
Let me see......
- Censorship of heavy metal at guitar concerts running rampant due to old fogies
- Having friend's who's fundie christian parents hate me because of my long hair
- Trying to form bands to play parties and having to listen to hours of Rockstar B.S.
- Not being allowed to go to the bathroom because "it's a privilege, not a right"
- Being made fun of for liking 80's rock and not having the balls yet to stand my ground
- Being rejected by high strung premadonna brats for dances because I"m not popular
- Being lied to by teachers about how you'll make millions if you get into this job or that job, I was one of the few who saw the truth early, thank god.
- Popularity contests, the teacher's pet, being yelled at for being late for no reason of my own, walking home 10 miles from detention because mom had to sleep for work that night....you can take it all!

I have one thing to say
**** HIGH SCHOOL
I'm glad it's over
My adult life has been like heaven on earth compared to those dark and dreary days.

Thank God, I'm done with that shit. The worst years in my life, by far
I shall put this as eloquently as possible.

Fuck No!!!!!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
The overwhelming ammount of free time? Maybe, sometimes.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by Jackal58
I shall put this as eloquently as possible.

Fuck No!!!!!

well come on now jackal, you went to highschool like 90 years ago, how much can you really remember
Nope. If i had to choose between going back to highschool or death by spork, i'd choose death by spork every time.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Mad-Mike_J83
Let me see......

I have one thing to say
**** HIGH SCHOOL
I'm glad it's over

thanks for the reality check dude, you just saved me from a good chunk of wasted time on retro idealizing the past and undergoing extreme self revisionism of my own memories. a lot of that stuff reminded me of what a hellhole high school was, especially during the awkward phase.
I don't really miss it. Not that it was particularly bad.. I guess I like being treated like an adult.
Page 1 of 3